First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys sport
Occupation
Teacher
I was considering putting in the hot headliner and the sound assassin sheeting. I wanted to see if anyone here had any insight into them? Are they worth while ?

my main concerns are retaining trade in value, improving the ride quality (this is my daily driver) and value for my dollar.

specifically I wanted to make sure that the sound assassin sheets would be fine if I got caught with my top down in the rain or something along those lines.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are worthwhile. You should watch the install video on the Hothead website.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I donā€™t have the Sound Assassin strips anywhere but under the Hot Heads, but the package is most certainly worth it. Itā€™s a fairly easy install, reduces the interior noise, and helps with cabin temperature control.

Kevin

Timoleon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Tech
So far I have used Hotheads on 2 vehicles. My wife got an Overland and it didn't have the OEM headliner so I put in the hotheads with sound assassin strips. When we got a Wrangler, it didn't have headliners either, so I added that. On both vehicles it mad a big enough difference that I would recommend it to anyone looking to do it. On the Wrangler, I also added the liners for the sides of the back seats. It made the Wrangler nice and quiet.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™d say itā€™s worth it. The cab is definitely a little quieter up to 60 mph or so. It helps with heat too just like advertised. I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing as well which is a bonus.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought sheets of sound insulation like sound assassin. I bought thicker stuff on Amazon for the same money.

But if you dont' want to bother cutting to size, sound assassin is great.

I've also got hot heads headliners. They are very nicely made and ooze quality. Also. And this is HUGE!!!. The company stands behind their stuff no questions asked.

I installed mine in the summer and was concerned because there was an indentation in the foam from how they had been shipped.

I called and spoke to the owner and he explained to me that when they got warm they would even out. I told him I was concerned because I'd have had them for a year by the time it got hot and I didn't want to be stuck out of warranty.

He told me that I shouldn't worry, if I have any problems he will take care of me.

I installed them and by the second week in July they had evened out. I REALLY got the impression that they want to keep their customers happy.

OP
OP
Reignkinge

Reignkinge

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
Have you gotten your interior muddy / wet since you installed the sheets? Do they hold up / dry out okay if that happens?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you gotten your interior muddy / wet since you installed the sheets? Do they hold up / dry out okay if that happens?
The sound assassin strips are not going to be bothered by water. But if you are getting them wet, you have bigger problems to worry about.

OP
OP
Reignkinge

Reignkinge

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
Ha! I meant the soundproofing on the bottom / under the upholstery šŸ˜‚

if the water is up to the roof I agree with you!

RobertRinAustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Wrangler JLU
Installed both in my JLU and would definitely recommend. Install was easy enough and I'm sure even easier in the JT. Made a noticeable deference in both sound and interior temps. I'm sure you won't regret it if you buy them.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! I meant the soundproofing on the bottom / under the upholstery šŸ˜‚

if the water is up to the roof I agree with you!
I didn't even think of that, but I had just finished five fifteen hour days.
I would like to put it under the carpet, but I'm not yet ready to do that much work.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
The headliners are awesome and the SA strips for that are nice to have since they are precut. I would not spend money on their product for under the carpet, unless you really limited on time for the install. You can buy similar products in sheets from Amazon for a fraction of the price and cut to fit.

I've used the headliners on an JLU and a JT, both were great.

Also on both of those vehicles, we sintalled out own sound deadening material under the carpet. It doesn't take much time and you can save a ton of money if you get the bulk product.

We installed foil backed butyl sheets and then from foam sheets over that. Took a couple hours max and WOW did it make a massive improvement in cabin noise.

OP
OP
Reignkinge

Reignkinge

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
I think Iā€™ve decided to do the hot headliner for the roof and just buy the armor lite replacement carpeting for the interior. Should be more durable than the sound assassin sheets and easier to keep clean than the original upholstery. Plus I read somewhere that it also deadened sound and maintained temp.
Anyone have any thoughts on that set up?
Sponsored