John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
Getting ready to order my headliner, read most of the threads in here but have 2 questions. Are the side panels and sound assassin strips worth it? More interested in knowing if they work as advertised, not so much the extra cost. Thanks and sorry if it's in a thread already, I just picked my jt up Saturday and have looked up so much information I cant keep it all straight.
Sponsored

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Definitely skip the sound assassin strips and buy some sound deadener on Amazon instead. It will cost less and you'll have enough left over to cover some other parts of the truck too.

OP
OP
Ankh

Ankh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, also I'm leaning towards the hotheads. Does anybody have opinions of other brands that are just as good or is hotheads the "gold standard " ?

jeepnutt1983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
I have ran HH in two Jeeps now with the sound assassin strips. I think both together work great, I bought the sides as well. I am sure there are other strips for less that work as well but for me it was worth it.

OP
OP
Ankh

Ankh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
Hotheads ordered. Had 10% off Memorial Day sale so I threw in the side panels and sound assassin. Hoping for weekend arrival but looks like Monday now. Thanks for the input.

Sponsored

tcracing

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Sales
Definitely skip the sound assassin strips and buy some sound deadener on Amazon instead. It will cost less and you'll have enough left over to cover some other parts of the truck too.
Which sound deadener on Amazon do you recommend?