2020Maximus

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
HotHead vs Mopar headliner...
Anyone out there know which quality is better? I'm usually an OEM kinda guy but if Hotheads is better then I will go that route.
Sponsored

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
I have hot heads with the sound assassin strips and love it! I test drove a few with the Mopar headliner and it seemed to be on par from a noise and heat reduction standpoint. Both defnitely helped with the temps. This was this past august in Texas, and you could tell which ones had the head liner and which ones didn't when you got in.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
Iā€™ve purchased hotheads in the past and loved them, this round I ordered the mopar ones because it was easy...you probably canā€™t go wrong either way, but if you donā€™t order it with them Iā€™d probably opt for the hot heads again to support the smaller business

Last edited:

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Do the headliners help much with noise? Thats my main reason for wanting one. With the lift and 35's on it I noticed a lot more road noise echoing in the cab

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
Do the headliners help much with noise? Thats my main reason for wanting one. With the lift and 35's on it I noticed a lot more road noise echoing in the cab
Yes, they help

Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Hot heads have a radiant barrier. Not sure about the Mopar ones...donā€™t think they do. That right there is why Iā€™m going Hotheads...and cheaper...and made in USA

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have the HotHeads ones in mine and love them.

The HotHeads ones are available in different colors which is nice and allows for a more custom touch.

However I think the Mopar ones look a little more finished than the HotHeads. This has nothing to do with the quality of HotHeads (as they are top notch) but purely aesthetics. I think how the Mopar ones cover the top of the backseat area looks a little better as that section is one large piece with the Mopar headliner versus being 3 panels with the HotHeads ones. I also like how the Mopar ones cover the bottom of the hardtop behind the rear headrests.

Because of those two things I think the Mopar ones look a bit more finished but that's nit picking. All in all, I'd buy the HotHeads one again in a heartbeat.

The HotHeads ones also work out to be less than you can get the Mopar ones from your local dealer.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
After my research. Went with the OEM. The Mopar headliner has a proprietary cellulose (Spelling) material plus itā€™s warranted did not see the big deal with the hotheads after looking at both. Imho the hotheads looked and felt cheap.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
I just got the hotheads and itā€™s a noticeable difference in noise. Even my wife noticed the stereo sounds better in the cabin.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
So on my JL I had the Boom Mat and they worked great my JT came with the mopar ones and they are doing great as well and since I have a 8yr mopar warranty I will never have to worry about them

Sponsored

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
I installed Hot Heads about a week or so ago. Love them. Nice fit/finish and they DO help with internal noise.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the Mopar kit today. I REALLY like the finished look from the OEM set, especially in the back. I almost went with Hotheads, but my dealer was able to get me the OEM at nearly the same price as HH. I tend to be an OEM kind of guy so it worked out for me perfectly.

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I just installed HotHeads with the sound assassin strips. I was really happy with it until i saw the cover king a couple hours after i finished. i really wish i had done more research. ill say they are sized and cut well, and the quality is good. But its still half assed compared to coverking.

now that said, the sound assassin strips definitely made a positive difference in cabin noise. My radio is volume is several clicks lower as a result.

im not sure if its possible to combine the sound assassins and cover king, but thats what i would do if i had it to do over again.

word of warning: when i was acetone cleaning after sanding, the fiber glass powder mixed with the acetone on the rag. I bumped a piece of my hard plastic interior and its now stained white as if it was painted. Tried dish soap, vinegar, interior cleaner, magic eraser...nothing worked. im going to try and use acetone and shavings from a black colored pencil to re color it. Id say do any install with the hard top fully removed.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I just installed HotHeads with the sound assassin strips. I was really happy with it until i saw the cover king a couple hours after i finished. i really wish i had done more research. ill say they are sized and cut well, and the quality is good. But its still half assed compared to coverking.

now that said, the sound assassin strips definitely made a positive difference in cabin noise. My radio is volume is several clicks lower as a result.

im not sure if its possible to combine the sound assassins and cover king, but thats what i would do if i had it to do over again.

word of warning: when i was acetone cleaning after sanding, the fiber glass powder mixed with the acetone on the rag. I bumped a piece of my hard plastic interior and its now stained white as if it was painted. Tried dish soap, vinegar, interior cleaner, magic eraser...nothing worked. im going to try and use acetone and shavings from a black colored pencil to re color it. Id say do any install with the hard top fully removed.
The Coverking after shipping is like double the cost too

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick update on the Mopar headliner kit... let me first say it was easy to install - clean everything up really well with rubbing alcohol (no sanding or acetone - per installation instructions) and press into place.

I have noticed a considerable improvement in the sound quality in the truck. Conversations are easier as the cab noise is reduced and misic sounds much better (no more ā€œempty hallā€ sound).

Iā€˜m also impressed with the insulation factor. While itā€™s still hot and humid here in Florida, I have noticed I no longer feel heat radiating from the freedom panels like I did before the headliner (my bald dome could feel it pretty well before). The a/c cools down the cabin quicker (when set to auto, the fans reduce speed quicker) and maintains the set temp much better.

A side bonus was that I was able to take off the tops to do the install. Sure, the instructions say itā€™s not necessary but it was a beautiful day and I wanted to see what the difficulty factor would be (BTW - super simple for those who may not have done it before). I was even able to take my 84-year old Dad (and my sister whoā€™s in town) for a topless ride around town that morning... that was the true bonus of the entire process! My dad hadnā€˜t ever been in a Jeep, let alone one with the tops off.

5D0607BA-9243-424E-9CD3-FDE8F5556C09.jpeg

81E8BBD3-18DD-4061-AF44-90494E2CE69C.jpeg

59DB7106-E122-4360-8733-DDBCC377C968.jpeg

84A7328A-31B4-44AA-9210-D4D62F25C521.jpeg
Sponsored