Sponsored

Hotheads Headliner install

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I was incredibly lucky to win the Hotheads Headliner drawing and wanted to show it off. I have not driven with it yet as it is lunch time and the Super Bowl is almost on. With that said it is 100 times better quality than the random Amazon headliner I had in my JKU.

The hardest part of the install was getting the top off and flipped by myself. I had extra sound assassin strips so I added them to the back of the top. Actually I missed an entire strip as it was upside down and blended in with the box.

I debated about painting the top black to blend it all in but after installing it the white is a nice contrast.

The blue tape is from the instructions so you know where the tape is to make it easier to push in the right spot.

20210207_111253.jpg

20210207_123334.jpg

20210207_113318.jpg

20210207_124438.jpg

20210207_125844.jpg

20210207_125858.jpg

20210207_133051.jpg

20210207_105157.jpg

20210207_114915.jpg
Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I'm a tad interested in doing this mod, but have to ask: can you really tell a difference once you drive around? I mean, in terms of: overall road noise, other exterior noises, interior clarity, etc. DOES it make a noticeable difference? I don't mind spending the money, but I would like to know if it truly makes a difference (NOT "is it worth it"). The other thing is: adhesives don't last long here in AZ, so that also makes me a bit leery about this install.

OP
OP
gerky18

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I'm a tad interested in doing this mod, but have to ask: can you really tell a difference once you drive around? I mean, in terms of: overall road noise, other exterior noises, interior clarity, etc. DOES it make a noticeable difference? I don't mind spending the money, but I would like to know if it truly makes a difference (NOT "is it worth it"). The other thing is: adhesives don't last long here in AZ, so that also makes me a bit leery about this install.
There are quite a few YouTube videos out there that provide thermal readings for how the headliners help with interior heat. Also, there is one that uses a decibel reader (not sure the technical name). I can't remember what brand of headliner it was but there was a significant reduction in road noise. I can't find that video but I did a quick search and found a few for the heat. There are of course the vendor videos but I looked at user uploaded to try for a less biased answer.

I went for a drive last night after the install to see if I noticed a difference. It was only about 20 minutes and the max speed was about 50 mph. I typically have what I would call general wind noise. With the headliners that was reduced. It was quieter. The radio sounded better because it was not as hollow (not sure if that is a good term). It was more like a "normal" vehicle than a Jeep. If that makes more sense. I would not compare it to a luxury vehicle and I could still hear my exhaust (aftermarket), so it is not going to make the cabin quiet but it is more comfortable.

The ultimate question... is it worth the cost? As I mentioned I was lucky and won these. However, I would have bought them and I have a previous post on this topic when I bought my winch instead. So would I have spent the money, yes. Is it a justifiable $400 or so, for me it would have been. In addition to the sound and heat help, I also like the look much more and it feels better inside.

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on winning the contest. When I get some extra cash, I want to get this also.

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
There are quite a few YouTube videos out there that provide thermal readings for how the headliners help with interior heat. Also, there is one that uses a decibel reader (not sure the technical name). I can't remember what brand of headliner it was but there was a significant reduction in road noise. I can't find that video but I did a quick search and found a few for the heat. There are of course the vendor videos but I looked at user uploaded to try for a less biased answer.

I went for a drive last night after the install to see if I noticed a difference. It was only about 20 minutes and the max speed was about 50 mph. I typically have what I would call general wind noise. With the headliners that was reduced. It was quieter. The radio sounded better because it was not as hollow (not sure if that is a good term). It was more like a "normal" vehicle than a Jeep. If that makes more sense. I would not compare it to a luxury vehicle and I could still hear my exhaust (aftermarket), so it is not going to make the cabin quiet but it is more comfortable.

The ultimate question... is it worth the cost? As I mentioned I was lucky and won these. However, I would have bought them and I have a previous post on this topic when I bought my winch instead. So would I have spent the money, yes. Is it a justifiable $400 or so, for me it would have been. In addition to the sound and heat help, I also like the look much more and it feels better inside.
Thanks for the follow-up; much appreciated.

Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
I was incredibly lucky to win the Hotheads Headliner drawing and wanted to show it off. I have not driven with it yet as it is lunch time and the Super Bowl is almost on. With that said it is 100 times better quality than the random Amazon headliner I had in my JKU.
Congrats, again! Also, great photos - thanks for sharing!
The other thing is: adhesives don't last long here in AZ, so that also makes me a bit leery about this install.
This is a valid concern, however we sell a TON of headliners in AZ without issue. The adhesive we use for our Hard Top Headliners is a high-quality 3M VHB tape with a high heat rating of 300°+ degrees Fahrenheit. It's pretty serious tape and we are using more than needed on the headliner panels for more than a proper weight/tape ratio. With proper preparation, it should last a lifetime.

We are aware that some folks may miss a preparation step and also that installation conditions aren't always perfect, which both can absolutely cause issues.

Whenever there is an issue with the adhesive not sticking, we will take care of you and send out new tape and instructions to replace, on us. We pride ourselves with providing all of our customers with the best customer service as possible and we want everyone to be 100% satisfied with our products & service.

If you or anyone else has any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

-Mark

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
any way to go back and purchase the side panel pieces for the JT hardtop headliner? didn't purchase them originally

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners