HOTHEADS headliner review

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I ordered the full set in black with the sound deadening strips as soon as they started shipping. Got a great price but just got my jeep so i installed them today.

Packaging was outstanding! Better than most larger companies. All wrapped in plastic and well.

Written instructions were good! There is a spot that you should bot cover with the sound assassin....i wish they would have included a clearer close up pic to demonstrate proper placement.

The rear side panels need another 3m strip for bonding. I got mine in but it seems like 1 strip is not enough. I could be wrong ,......chances are that i am.

When installing the rear panels with the top on...move the 2x4 to the drivers side when installing the passenger panel and vice versa . Slips into place with less grief!.

All said and don . These are by FAR a superior product to anything out there especially the factory option. Had more coverage and more insulation. VERY sturdy product and beautiful fit and finish. Made the interior like a vault and more quiet than i expected. It is fall here ao i ha ent had the ac or heat on so i cant attest to how it does for temp reduction.

Conclusion: i feel bad for those that paid what they did for the factory option. It was easy as heck to install and a far superior product. I would suggest everybody get a set!

20191001_143040.jpg

20191001_143035.jpg

20191001_143027.jpg
Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I just got my tan ones in today, gonna try and do the install tomorrow if time allows... any tips? Or just go for it?
Could you share some pictures of the tan ones installed?

It would be great to see the roof and seats in the same pic.

Sponsored

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford F150; '20 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I ordered the full set in black with the sound deadening strips as soon as they started shipping. Got a great price but just got my jeep so i installed them today.

Packaging was outstanding! Better than most larger companies. All wrapped in plastic and well.

Written instructions were good! There is a spot that you should bot cover with the sound assassin....i wish they would have included a clearer close up pic to demonstrate proper placement.

The rear side panels need another 3m strip for bonding. I got mine in but it seems like 1 strip is not enough. I could be wrong ,......chances are that i am.

When installing the rear panels with the top on...move the 2x4 to the drivers side when installing the passenger panel and vice versa . Slips into place with less grief!.

All said and don . These are by FAR a superior product to anything out there especially the factory option. Had more coverage and more insulation. VERY sturdy product and beautiful fit and finish. Made the interior like a vault and more quiet than i expected. It is fall here ao i ha ent had the ac or heat on so i cant attest to how it does for temp reduction.

Conclusion: i feel bad for those that paid what they did for the factory option. It was easy as heck to install and a far superior product. I would suggest everybody get a set!

20191001_143040.jpg

20191001_143035.jpg

20191001_143027.jpg
Looks like an outstanding job! If I may ask, what spot were you speaking of that didn't need to be covered by the sound assassin, and what did you mean by moving the 2x4? I'm planning on ordering them for my Gladiator, and looking for all the tips/help I can get!

mimms123

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
With regards to the 2x4, if you keep the top on, you have to unbolt the top and use a 2x4 to prop the top up. It's all in the instructions. I followed the instructions and it took about an hour to install. I had help and decided to remove the top for sanding and ease of cleanup. I'm very happy with the Hotheads as well. Fit perfect. Make sure you have acetone on hand. I cleaned the sanded area twice and made sure everything was dry before installation. The sound strips are easy to install as well. Very well designed and built.

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
With regards to the 2x4, if you keep the top on, you have to unbolt the top and use a 2x4 to prop the top up. It's all in the instructions. I followed the instructions and it took about an hour to install. I had help and decided to remove the top for sanding and ease of cleanup. I'm very happy with the Hotheads as well. Fit perfect. Make sure you have acetone on hand. I cleaned the sanded area twice and made sure everything was dry before installation. The sound strips are easy to install as well. Very well designed and built.
Thanks buddy.

Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Looks like a good match with the seats

Eagle02

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC TH
That looks sharp! Well done!

Is that a cargo net for pets or something?
It is, some cheap amazon find I had found years ago for my previous vehicle. Forget the brand..

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I know this is your review of Hotheads @billyjk7, but I wanted to share my experience with them for others benefit. I ordered a set of the headliners a while back. I received them just fine, but didn't open the box yet, as it had gotten cold & wasn't sure when I'd get to install them. Well one day last week, I decided to at least get the instructions out and take a look, thinking as soon as a nice weekend presented itself, I'd install them.
Much to my surprise, I had gotten the medium gray colored liners. My intention had been to order the Oak, since I have the saddle leather seats in the Gladiator. Don't know how I screwed that up, but I did. I wasn't sure if I should send back or just use the gray ones. Well I decided to contact Hotheads, and Mark sent back saying it would be no problem to exchange, and even shared the cost of shipping back! I only just sent back earlier this week, and have not received the replacements yet. But I want you all to know, that Mark is one great guy. He did not have to swap these out, since it was admittedly, my mistake, not his. So if anyone is thinking about doing business with them, I assure you that you won't go wrong. And I'm looking forward to getting them installed,, and once I do, will post pics.

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Finally warmed up so I got them installed. Went very well. I actually did notice some difference in sound level once I hit the interstate. Not a really big amount, but it was noticeable. So if anyone thinking of getting them, I think you will be happy with them.
Jeep Gladiator HOTHEADS headliner review D77790A6-57C0-4C39-92ED-B1EA4301F117

Jeep Gladiator HOTHEADS headliner review 282042B3-8EAA-4B33-A302-24BFC49246E0

Jeep Gladiator HOTHEADS headliner review 9277F65C-782B-425E-A35D-035B4B822D97
Sponsored