Sponsored

How are you guys locking bikes in your tailgate?

DamonSD

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have a Fox Overlander tailgate pad which fits the Gladiator really well but it does not provide protection against theft. It is bike park season so the bikes may stay in the bed while we grab lunch, dinner, etc. and I am curious how people are locking bikes to the bed. Specifically, I am curious if anybody has found a good wire cable they would recommend or of they are putting something together with parts form the hardware store?
Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
I don't lock mine because I don't leave them. Roof racks and hitch racks typically have cables installed for locking the bike to the rack and Thule makes standalone 6' cables.

You could also grab something like the linked cable and use whatever lock you prefer. Run the cable through the wheels and back through the frame, and through a tie down in the bed. Otherwise someone might be tempted to steal a front wheel/tire.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...iGqe6DfC6m5EcNIB9ovOPyc4J9SnpS8IaAhoyEALw_wcB

OP
OP

DamonSD

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I don't lock mine because I don't leave them. Roof racks and hitch racks typically have cables installed for locking the bike to the rack and Thule makes standalone 6' cables.

You could also grab something like the linked cable and use whatever lock you prefer. Run the cable through the wheels and back through the frame, and through a tie down in the bed. Otherwise someone might be tempted to steal a front wheel/tire.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...iGqe6DfC6m5EcNIB9ovOPyc4J9SnpS8IaAhoyEALw_wcB
Thanks Macey for sharing the link, appreciate the feedback.

DBoogieC

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 18 JKU
Build Thread
Link
I use a steel braided cable and a pad lock. Run the cable through the bikes, then lock it through the bed tie downs.

Sponsored

AP Double

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTM - Sarge Green - MT
I do this but use a combo lock. No keys to lose.
Great idea. I’m in. How long is that cable? I’m guessing about ten feet is needed to get a loop all the way around.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Great idea. I’m in. How long is that cable? I’m guessing about ten feet is needed to get a loop all the way around.
I think that's how long mine is, I too just lock cable to the tie-downs.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I have a Fox Overlander tailgate pad which fits the Gladiator really well but it does not provide protection against theft. It is bike park season so the bikes may stay in the bed while we grab lunch, dinner, etc. and I am curious how people are locking bikes to the bed. Specifically, I am curious if anybody has found a good wire cable they would recommend or of they are putting something together with parts form the hardware store?
Secure with a German Shepherd? (just kidding)This is a pic of my baby boy…..actually he was just sneezing right when we took the picture!!!

1BB26FB8-F249-4F11-85FF-A7AAE6BCB4B5.jpeg
Sponsored