Sponsored

How are you going to use your JT?

First Name
Trace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
I've been keeping an eye on the market for a replacement for my 06 Xterra for a couple of years. It's been paid off for 7 years and has 220k on it, so it doesn't owe me anything, but I love it and don't want to get rid of it until there is something as cool or cooler. I tow a light travel trailer with it, haul kids, hiking and camping gear, tow utility trailers, offroad occasionally and get myself to work in all 4 New England seasons and that is what I want my next vehicle to do as well.

I looked around at current "SUV" offerings and have found them all lacking, was holding out hope for an Xterra revival (not going to happen, and even if it does Nissan will screw it up: they just can't do anything right currently), and looked at existing pickups. All inspired a rousing "meh."

Then, yesterday, I found out about the Gladiator...and it shall be mine. With 7650# I have a little room to upgrade the TT if necessary and some extra power for the current one (Forest River Wolf Pup), the short bed on the Gladiator will be good for my limited utility needs and stinky sports gear hauling, the kids will love it and I will get back to being a Jeep owner (had a two-door 02 Wrangler for 12 years) finally.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
#streetqueen

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ Rubicon
I like the Alucab photoshop picture in the first post. I saw this picture (a little dark) on the Go Fast Camper website.

I would like access from in the cab but this is the next best thing.

F4536248-EF38-4AC2-BD51-720C68AA44A6.jpeg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I need something that's fuel efficient, easy to navigate parking structures, can handle any trail when we go camping, can carry the family, and can tow a sub-compact farm tractor with a front end loader on the weekends. The Gladiator looks like the perfect truck for me.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations

[/QUOTE]

What. You can't fit through that rear slide window:cwl:

I think for now Im just going with a bed cab and a home made bed and slide out draws. I plan on using aluminum for the frame. I have a guy that will weld it up for me.

Not sure where to get a mattress?

Sponsored

BodhiMac

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Daily driver, trail riding, hauling my RTT for camping trips and eventually towing my HikerTrailer. It will replace my Tacoma.

Waiting to get specs and good pics of the bed sides. My old bed bars are a little rusty and may not transfer over to the JT. Hoping something like this will work without modifications.

https://www.max-modular.com/shop-max-modular/steel-max-14-high-truck-bed-rack

Last edited:

JustSomeGuy

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Outback XT, 2005 Outback 2.5i, 2004 Miata, 2018 Civic
This will be my first Jeep. I will take it on an occasional trail and hopefully get involved with the local Jeep crowd. I live within a day trip of a park in Lafayette, IN that I have heard good things about. I sold my truck for a fun car (no regrets), but then more recently got a house. So this will also be doing the truck things that come up in home ownership. I will have to take it off road and haul things more than a couple times a year because the term "lifestyle vehicle" makes me want to vomit.

I'm really torn on specs. I miss driving stick in the winter when my fun car is put away (rust is no joke and to be avoided with nice things), but I also entertain the idea of towing things in the future (either a car on a flatbed or a camper). We just bought my wife a car, so this purchase probably won't happen until that's paid off. I guess I have some time to make up my mind.

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
This will be replacing my 2008 JK Rubicon.

I will use it as a daily driver mostly, but with home improvement projects there are times I need to haul lumber, sheet material, and other things that are a challenge to fit into a traditional SUV.

I will also be using it for trails and off-road that I used my Jeep for. While it may not be as capable as a JK due to the wheel base and rear overhang I am willing to compromise some to get a vehicle that is more useful in my daily life.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
This will be replacing my 2014 Rubicon Unlimited that was recently totaled by a red light runner.

Plans are the same as my old JK. Daily driver, weekend warrior/overland rig.
37s, lift, bed rack, RTT and the rest of the camping goodies.

Hopefully AEV will have some of their parts out by summer and I can order those while I wait for my Gladiator to be built.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ Rubicon

What. You can't fit through that rear slide window:cwl:

I think for now Im just going with a bed cab and a home made bed and slide out draws. I plan on using aluminum for the frame. I have a guy that will weld it up for me.

Not sure where to get a mattress?[/QUOTE]

I mean replace the entire hardtop like a Ursa Minor or a Alu-cab. Definitely not through the rear window :)

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Daily driver, tow my boats, haul my four wheeler and dirt bikes, it is replacing my 2014 JKU i sold a couple months ago in preparation for the JT and my 2010 Tundra crewmax.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Daily driver, with the bed for the occasional Lowes, furniture, or dump run. Will also occasionally take it on some fire roads or forest service roads, but no serious offroading.

If, one of these days, my kids get interested in camping/overlanding, I'd love to get in to it. Fact is though, as a father of 3 young kids, my interests need to line up with theirs for the next several years rather than the other way around.

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
If, one of these days, my kids get interested in camping/overlanding, I'd love to get in to it. Fact is though, as a father of 3 young kids, my interests need to line up with theirs for the next several years rather than the other way around.
Just means lots of hauling sporting and activity gear for the kids. Or the tables to setup for selling popcorn or Girl Scout cookies if their into that. LoL.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I'm just going to use mine to go to church on Sundays when the weather's nice..;-)

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Hospital is fine. It's when wife arguments end with a lawyer that you know things are bad.
As long as you get to keep the jeeps!
Sponsored