Sponsored

Okay Fisherman, How are YOU transporting your rods?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I mean my cheapest rod setup is probably $150 these days, I'm not looking to get that all scuffed up by throwing it in my bed. To each their own but I know the folks with custom rods likely aren't at the very least throwing them in PVC containers with a rod sock. I don't live near the surf anymore, but my Ugly Stiks would likely be a different story. Just not looking to rash up the giant reels, they're $$$.
Heh, yeah I fish freshwater and use pretty cheap gear even on that scale, so I can afford to be alot more 'cavalier' about it. My most expensive set up is about $100 and that's the flyrod in the case.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I made a pair of rod holders for my winch plate.

Ain't pretty or fancy but it works.

Jeep Gladiator Okay Fisherman, How are YOU transporting your rods? 20200712_180735

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Heh, yeah I fish freshwater and use pretty cheap gear even on that scale, so I can afford to be alot more 'cavalier' about it. My most expensive set up is about $100 and that's the flyrod in the case.
That was me up until about 12 years ago... One purchase of a Daiwa Steez rod, paired with a Shimano Calcutta TE200DC ($1,200 rig), that I picked up at employee pricing for $800, and I was done for. Since then, it’s custom rods and custom super-tuned $350+ Shimano Chronarch D and Chronarch 50MG reels. I have a buddy who I helped get started in the reel tuning and customizing business, so I get things done for the cost of parts only.

Same thing happens when you start building custom rifles and reloading ammo....

I have ruined a LOT of my friends by letting them fish one of my rigs... :CWL:

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little late to this thread, but here's how I'll be doing it. This is a rod holder with cutting board and bait cooler holder that I built for a 2003 Land Rover I used to own. It's been stored in my garage ever since I let that truck go. Just pull right up to the beach and your bait and cutting board are right there where you need it. The angled holders are for that way for changing rigs, baiting hooks, etc. There was a yard stick mounted to the front of the cutting board, but it was in bad condition so it will be replaced. Now I've just about got it adapted to fit on the new Gladiator. It hangs off the tow hooks and will tighten down to hooks under the bumper that I'm still working out the details on. I guess it needs some sanding, painting, etc., too, or maybe just let it show off its character the way it is. It brings back fond memories of taking my uncle fishing, so I'm stoked about using it again.

Jeep Gladiator Okay Fisherman, How are YOU transporting your rods? Jeep2

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
That is an involved setup, very cool though.
Sponsored