Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
No. EPA becoming more strict to appeal to the special infests groups investing in EV technology and lithium all in the name of “climate change”.
NHTSA sets CAFE standards. The EPA needs a better marketing department. I don't know the website this comes from, they may be nuts, but I think the following is good reminder of why the EPA is the good guy. Everyone - including EV manufacturers - are subject to the rules.

Perhaps the EPA has been too successful for its own good. In the same way that vaccines have given parents the luxury of forgetting what measles and whooping cough were like, the EPA has nearly wiped out the national memory of the contaminated environment of the 1960s. But things were so bad then that support for creating the agency and our major environmental statutes was virtually unanimous—nearly everyone recognized the need for an environmental regulator.

If you ask people of a certain age about the environmental problems of the 1960s, many describe a series of discrete disasters: the Cuyahoga River fire, the New York City Thanksgiving Smog, the Santa Barbara oil spill. Those incidents were shocking indeed, but they weren’t one-offs. In most cases they were merely the most salient in a series of increasingly grave problems of the same kind.

Richard Nixon’s role in the creation of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is complicated. It wasn’t his idea, and some believe he founded the EPA with the hope that he could control its administrators. But there can be little doubt that even Nixon—a Republican to his very bones—understood the need for stiffer environmental regulations. Almost all Republicans of his generation did. In that 1970 State of the Union speech, Nixon called environmental preservation a “common cause of all the people of this country.” He went on: “It is a cause of particular concern to young Americans, because they more than we will reap the grim consequences of our failure to act on programs which are needed now if we are to prevent disaster later. Clean air, clean water, open spaces—these should once again be the birthright of every American.”
Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I have Ford’s 3.5 ecoboost twin-turbo v6 in my wife’s Expedition Max. The power and torque made my eyebrow raise 🤨 and it pulls my boat great. But I wouldn’t run to the dealer if they added it to the JT. Now, if they dropped the 5.7 Hemi I had in my Ram in the JT, I’d be the first to order.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
i would love a mopar backed supercharger.....Not exactly a Hemi but good enough. Im sure they could work something out with an aftermarket company...wonder if the $$ just isn't there.

Lumis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Mathematics
Well, Ford has really been bringing it lately with the leaks about Bronco raptor and Ranger raptor. Jeep need to respond with something with the JT. Either that or roll over and play dead. I really hope, like the 392 vs the wrangler, when the Ranger raptor is officially announced in February that jeep does similar with JT. They have to do something or ford eats their lunch! Already sold my 2020 JTR 3 weeks ago to order what they will be bringing soon.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Well, Ford has really been bringing it lately with the leaks about Bronco raptor and Ranger raptor. Jeep need to respond with something with the JT. Either that or roll over and play dead. I really hope, like the 392 vs the wrangler, when the Ranger raptor is officially announced in February that jeep does similar with JT. They have to do something or ford eats their lunch! Already sold my 2020 JTR 3 weeks ago to order what they will be bringing soon.
Agree, but I don't know if I'd hold my breath. I think all the focus will remain on the JL platform for a while.

Sponsored

Lumis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Mathematics
Agree, but I don't know if I'd hold my breath. I think all the focus will remain on the JL platform for a while.
Not responding with something JT would be like Jeep waving the white flag. I don't see that happening. I don't think they can afford not to respond.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing
Simple answer, No

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
there will likely never be a v8 for the gladiator. V8s are more or less dead with the discontinuation of the hemi. Hybrid will be their answer for people who want more power.

Laws in the future will (are) evolve so that owning a v8 and eventually any gas car will be a pure luxury item due to the level of cost (additional taxes and fees imposed by the government to discourage their use) and the eventual decline in the number of gas stations.

Cities are starting to ban new gas stations and some oil companies have started to state that EV charging stations are nearly as profitable as petrol....their priorities will change when they cross that line.

The big one will be when specific cities start banning petrol vehicles....Its gonna happen. (No gas lawn equipment in California.) Expect Europe to start the trend in progressive(annoying?) cities like Paris or Berlin first. Singapore will likely follow suit....then Japan and Korea and at that point the dominoes keep falling. Germany, Japan, and Korea will be the true death knell, the home countries of the largest auto manufactures in the world.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
NHTSA sets CAFE standards. The EPA needs a better marketing department. I don't know the website this comes from, they may be nuts, but I think the following is good reminder of why the EPA is the good guy. Everyone - including EV manufacturers - are subject to the rules.
To be fair, it never really made sense to me to have the organization dedicated to crash safety and road analysis be in charge of MPG requirements - it's just they wanted it under DOT instead of EPA because of how they regulate the automakers and there really wasn't a place to put it.

If anyone noticed, they also proposed a serious hike in the requirements mid/late last year that is putting anyone not building EVs on notice. Eventually there's physical limitations as to how much weight you can move with any degree of efficiency that you won't be able to build a gas engine without a fleet of EVs to compensate.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
They’re really not though. I think it’s just the design of the vehicle, they appear very large. I think the mirrors being massive don’t help and the fact it’s very boxy makes it look bigger than a wrangler. It’s 1-3” max all the way around.
Agreed. It’s just a visual trick in the eyes. Here’s a side-by-side comparison:

Sponsored