How did I do on price? Jeep Gladiator Sport S with Max Towing package

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
VTR is the "Vehicle Theft Registration", an identifier they etch on a window in the vehicle. It's a BS thing they add on... they could do it for a LOT less than $700 and there is no evidence that it's useful.

The Doc Fee I only call a game because it's different between every dealer. I've seen several have only a $300-400 or one place even had $72 (a thread on this forum.) So... its a fee they make up at each dealership. My dealership set theirs to $700.

The $1495 Destination Fee is a different thing, baked into all vehicles and completely unavoidable... I'd argue, but can't confirm, this is how they can make sure there is always some profit when selling a vehicle.
That Vehicle Theft deal is not something you should have to pay. I was simply asked if I wanted the service for a crazy price and I told them no thanks I will take my chances but it wasn't baked into the deal as no option.
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
That Vehicle Theft deal is not something you should have to pay. I was simply asked if I wanted the service for a crazy price and I told them no thanks I will take my chances but it wasn't baked into the deal as no option.
Yah I think I have them ready to remove it. I think with that gone I can get to a price that I feel is a good deal, even if it isn't the "Godmode" deal that others seem to be finding.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yah I think I have them ready to remove it. I think with that gone I can get to a price that I feel is a good deal, even if it isn't the "Godmode" deal that others seem to be finding.
I waited a year and never really found the godmode deal but I was tired of waiting and shopping and putting up with bullshit from numerous places. I figured if I didn't find something that I could get off the lot in Houston and save me some travel expenses I was going to get something from Travis over and Tricity and do a road trip. Just happened that I found something to my liking for a decent price I was ok with and didn't have to travel but about 20 miles to get it. Now I am having fun with my truck. Thought about waiting for 2021 but then I would have just been miserable waiting again. So its just a matter of what makes you happy.

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
37K for a 45K truck and that's not a good deal??

If I could find that deal, I would take it immediately.
Yeah, I will probably end up taking it. Going to drive out to lubbock and probably going to pull the trigger this weekend. I can't wait! I guess I'm just tentative because 38k is a lot of money for me. Last vehicle I bought was my chevy while I was in college and a gm certified employee. Sticker on that was 42k and I paid 28k for it, which was a crazy deal.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I waited a year and never really found the godmode deal but I was tired of waiting and shopping and putting up with bullshit from numerous places. I figured if I didn't find something that I could get off the lot in Houston and save me some travel expenses I was going to get something from Travis over and Tricity and do a road trip. Just happened that I found something to my liking for a decent price I was ok with and didn't have to travel but about 20 miles to get it. Now I am having fun with my truck. Thought about waiting for 2021 but then I would have just been miserable waiting again. So its just a matter of what makes you happy.
So, I'm starting the paperwork now to get this thing. I managed to get rid of the VTR and when I run it through the pricing spreadsheet, I'm actually getting it for almost 7% under. That's demi-god mode imo.

Reactions: BAT

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I'm starting the paperwork now to get this thing. I managed to get rid of the VTR and when I run it through the pricing spreadsheet, I'm actually getting it for almost 7% under. That's demi-god mode imo.
Hey Sting Gray same as me. When they couldn't get the Granite Cyrstal that I was looking for all they had was Gobi and Sting Gray. I thought for sure I was going to go Gobi but when they put them side by side in the lot for me and I had a long time to look them both over somehow the Sting Gray won out. I only wish I was able to get the Premium sound cause the stock sound is not to good.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Hey Sting Gray same as me. When they couldn't get the Granite Cyrstal that I was looking for all they had was Gobi and Sting Gray. I thought for sure I was going to go Gobi but when they put them side by side in the lot for me and I had a long time to look them both over somehow the Sting Gray won out. I only wish I was able to get the Premium sound cause the stock sound is not to good.
Sting-Gray has been my pick since before there was a Gladiator. =oP I have an Anvil JKU and just love the more muted "earthier" colors on the Jeep vs the bright colors. I had a the Toyota equivalent of Granite in my old Tacoma and really like the color... it feels like you can have chrome/metallic accents and it still looks fine. With my Anvil and with the Sting-Gray, IMO it looks best blacked out with some color accents. The Mojave nailed it perfectly IMO.

I can't wait til I actually have this thing in my driveway, I keep worrying they'll not be able to transfer it from the other dealer for some reason. =oP At least it gives me time to remove all of the fancy bits I had installed on the JKU since they do NOTHING for trade-in value. Gives me some play money so I can tweak the JT once it's here. (c:

Soon I'll start my "Build Page" though that'll be mild until it's paid off.

Last edited:

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
does Sting Gray show scratches easier than other colors?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am trying not to find out (LOL). But my last 2 vehicles were white and they showed every scratch so hoping for a bit better with the sting gray. I picked up a Sting Gray touch up pen just in case

Reactions: d k

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Based on my Anvil Jeep, it isn't as bad as Black (or white I guess) but I let my hard top remove some clear coat on one side (too awkward to remove by myself) and that stands out. Otherwise, I'm not seeing any appreciate pinstriping. I may consider doing one of those ceramic coatings after I get my new one... not sure yet.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Stupid dealer in Tulsa is horrible about trying to do a dealer trade. Nobody answers their phone, voice mailboxes are full. If I talk to a salesperson to start the process they transfer me to a full inbox and disappear... only interested in trying to get me to drive for 10 hrs to their place to sell me the vehicle.

My Future Ride is in peril unless I can get the general manager to take action. Ugh, I hate some people.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stupid dealer in Tulsa is horrible about trying to do a dealer trade. Nobody answers their phone, voice mailboxes are full. If I talk to a salesperson to start the process they transfer me to a full inbox and disappear... only interested in trying to get me to drive for 10 hrs to their place to sell me the vehicle.

My Future Ride is in peril unless I can get the general manager to take action. Ugh, I hate some people.
Tell them you are high risk for the virus and cannot go into public places. Need to do the purchase online and virtually

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Tell them you are high risk for the virus and cannot go into public places. Need to do the purchase online and virtually
So remote dealer officially told local dealer this morning, they are not doing ANY dealer transfers on Gladiators.

Humorous addition, I better buy it from the remote dealer sooner than later because they're putting ridiculous lift/tire/wheel packages on all of their sports and jacking the price up.

Right now I'm talking to local dealer about ordering a 2021 while talking to remote dealer to see if I can get them to go even cheaper than local was going to be since I'll have to drive for 10 hrs to pick it up.
Sponsored