Sponsored

How does a 2 inch lift add to the Gladiator?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Assuming geometry is corrected; the disadvantages are none. And at 2” the negative impact of a simple spacer lift is on the smaller side. Assuming you mean a 2” kit with geometry correction, the advantages are a better driving truck with a higher belly that carries a load and drives better and fits a bigger tire.

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Pro: Better ground clearance, partly from the 2" of lift itself, and partly from the taller 37" tires the 2" lift lets you run. Total increase in ground clearance is 4", which makes a huge improvement off road. Using a spacer lift that lets you keep the stock springs and shocks, especially if your JT came with good suspension like a Mojave, allows you to keep the great stock ride. Using lower front control arms that improve caster and an adjustable front track bar to keep everything centered can also improve driveability. There is less tendency to wander on the highway. It drives better, tracks straighter, and handles better because of the better tires and wider track width that comes with aftermarket wheels.

Con: I'm 60 years old now, and starting to get a little arthritis. I'm only 5' 11" tall, and this thing is a little more work to get into after the lift and tires. That is the only negative so far.

JBRLLC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2020 GMC 3500 Denali
Occupation
Deal Architect/ Land Guy
Pro: Better ground clearance, partly from the 2" of lift itself, and partly from the taller 37" tires the 2" lift lets you run. Total increase in ground clearance is 4", which makes a huge improvement off road. Using a spacer lift that lets you keep the stock springs and shocks, especially if your JT came with good suspension like a Mojave, allows you to keep the great stock ride. Using lower front control arms that improve caster and an adjustable front track bar to keep everything centered can also improve driveability. There is less tendency to wander on the highway. It drives better, tracks straighter, and handles better because of the better tires and wider track width that comes with aftermarket wheels.

Con: I'm 60 years old now, and starting to get a little arthritis. I'm only 5' 11" tall, and this thing is a little more work to get into after the lift and tires. That is the only negative so far.
I just bought a new Mojave and having 37s installed with no lift. I suppose if they give me problems ill try something similar to yours or drop back to 35s. Pretty sure I can do most anything on 35s for my needs but I'm gonna give the 37s a whirl for fun. Haha

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
I just bought a new Mojave and having 37s installed with no lift. I suppose if they give me problems ill try something similar to yours or drop back to 35s. Pretty sure I can do most anything on 35s for my needs but I'm gonna give the 37s a whirl for fun. Haha
Getting ready to do the same thing. Please share how it goes.

Sponsored

JBRLLC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deal Architect/ Land Guy
Getting ready to do the same thing. Please share how it goes.
Sure thing, I'll be picking it up tomorrow or Thursday depending on a few other things getting done from the dealer I purchased it from. Put about 500 miles on it bone stock and love it so far.
Jeep Gladiator How does a 2 inch lift add to the Gladiator? 20210104_144101

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Sure thing, I'll be picking it up tomorrow or Thursday depending on a few other things getting done from the dealer I purchased it from. Put about 500 miles on it bone stock and love it so far.
20210104_144101.jpg
You’re 200 miles ahead of me...lol
headed tomorrow to get window tint.
boy that black looks sharp.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
One thing to consider if you are on the fence between 35's and 37's -- if you stick to a tire like a KO2, there's not much additional negative going from 35 to 37 as the weight of that tire is very light. In my case, I have the stock MT's which actually weigh 63 pounds from the factory. A 37" in a KO2 only weighs 3 pounds more than stock (66 pounds vs 63).

On the contrary, if you add a 37" Nitto Trail Grappler, you will increase by 24 pounds per tire (87 pounds a tire). The Nitto is a great tire but unless you're doing mostly rock crawling, mud or deep snow all the time, the KO2 (which is an aggressive all-terrain) might be a better choice which is snow rated and (in my experience) does better in the wet. It's also quieter in the long run and your mpg will be less impacted, even with diesel. I did all of Moab (up through some 7 rated trails) without any issues on the stock KO2s in my '19 JL when I had it.

The same thing goes with wheel choice. Stock wheels weigh about 23 pounds, and there are wheels out there that weigh 50 pounds. Aggressive offset also increases wear and in my experience, doesn't ride as nicely. Thus for me I will be running stock or as close to stock (AEV) wheels as possible.

So yeah, my point is -- be conscious of wheel and tire choice. The combination is more important I think than many people recognize. And that holds true even if you go to 35's.

JBRLLC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deal Architect/ Land Guy
Jeep Gladiator How does a 2 inch lift add to the Gladiator? 20210107_193757
You’re 200 miles ahead of me...lol
headed tomorrow to get window tint.
boy that black looks sharp.
Just got it home. I tried pretty hard to get it to rub in my back pasture and haven't been able to yet. I'm definitely loving the 37s.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator How does a 2 inch lift add to the Gladiator? 20210107_193757

Just got it home. I tried pretty hard to get it to rub in my back pasture and haven't been able to yet. I'm definitely loving the 37s.
Damn, looks great. Jealous of the garage height.

Sponsored

JBRLLC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deal Architect/ Land Guy
Damn, looks great. Jealous of the garage height.
Thanks the ceiling height is nice. Yeah these are 79lbs per tire also so it did add quite a bit. I'm happy though.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks the ceiling height is nice. Yeah these are 79lbs per tire also so it did add quite a bit. I'm happy though.
All that matters !!

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I am running. 37 ko2 on my rubicon. No lift stock wheels. Just drove from. Yosemite to San Diego and. Back running nearly 80 the whole way mpg 15. A little off road too. 10 “ deep ruts. Minor mud. A steep drop off 26 degree. No rubbing. It does rub a bit if I turn hard full on lock with pressure. Couldn’t be happier holds 8th on flats. Seriously thinking about not regearing. Pulls 5 /6. Up the grapevine
Sponsored