Sponsored

Rubicon Express 2" Economy Lift Advice

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar 2" fox shocks are better then the Rubicon Fox shocks which are better then the stock non Fox shocks.

I think that the Mopar 2" is overpriced, but it has some advantages as pointed out above. For what your trying to do though I think you are looking at the wrong product.

That Economy lift includes:
PARTS INCLUDED
  • Front Coil Spacers
  • Front Bump Stop Extensions
  • Front Sway Bar Drop Brackets
  • Front & Rear Shocks or Front Shock Extensions(If Selected)
  • Hardware
Notice how there is nothing for the rear at all. Adding this to the front you would end up with a reverse rake. Also the description there doesnt mention rubicon models because you are already a bit taller.

I have the Rubicon shocks & coils on my Sport S & after adding a 3/4" daystar front spacer I am within 1/2" of level front to back. My understanding is that going much above that I would need caster correction & other additional stuff.
Sponsored

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
We have been using the AEV Procal from the day we picked it up in Idaho. We change from factory 33" to 37" Nitto muds for trail/overland runs all the time, no problems. Just to let y'all know. (Use the Procal twice a month minimum)

That said - if we ever get to the point when we need to disable FAD or electric PS, then we will purchase a Tazer programmer.
Yeah I totally agree. Most people don't need the additional features they're trying to add. The issue I had was they were switching over to the updated version when COVID-19 started, and they're company is/was at a halt because of the timing. We weren't able to do the AEV 2inch budget boost on our JL Rubicon because of that. Otherwise I would have totally gone that direction.

We ended up using the Teraflex budget boost + we bought a pair of adjustable lower control arms to get the castor adjustment.

OP
OP
DunnMan

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Mopar 2" fox shocks are better then the Rubicon Fox shocks which are better then the stock non Fox shocks.

I think that the Mopar 2" is overpriced, but it has some advantages as pointed out above. For what your trying to do though I think you are looking at the wrong product.

That Economy lift includes:
PARTS INCLUDED
  • Front Coil Spacers
  • Front Bump Stop Extensions
  • Front Sway Bar Drop Brackets
  • Front & Rear Shocks or Front Shock Extensions(If Selected)
  • Hardware
Notice how there is nothing for the rear at all. Adding this to the front you would end up with a reverse rake. Also the description there doesnt mention rubicon models because you are already a bit taller.

I have the Rubicon shocks & coils on my Sport S & after adding a 3/4" daystar front spacer I am within 1/2" of level front to back. My understanding is that going much above that I would need caster correction & other additional stuff.
Hey, good eye. I thought this had parts for the rear as well, I misread it!

STLDAVE

First Name
DAve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner, Shopping for JT
Occupation
Retired
Can you point me to your source for this statement? I've read elsewhere on this forum that the Rubicon shocks are actually better than the ones that come with the lift (and the lift springs lower the GVWR).

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Can you point me to your source for this statement? I've read elsewhere on this forum that the Rubicon shocks are actually better than the ones that come with the lift (and the lift springs lower the GVWR).
I have never seen anything where anyone has said the rubicon fox are better then the mopar lift shocks. I have seen multiple Rubicon owners say that they were better then standard, but not as good as the mopar though. Which makes sense just off of cost. As for the coils, as soon as you change them the load carrying would of course be changed.

Sponsored

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas
The statement is correct. Lift kit Fox's are of better quality and valving.

STLDAVE

First Name
DAve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner, Shopping for JT
Occupation
Retired
The statement is correct. Lift kit Fox's are of better quality and valving.
Did you get this information from Jeep? Mopar? There are lots of opinions on the forum but I haven't heard anyone cite a knowledgeable source. If you've acquired this info somewhere other than what someone posted on the forum, please let us know where it is.

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas
Did you get this information from Jeep? Mopar? There are lots of opinions on the forum but I haven't heard anyone cite a knowledgeable source. If you've acquired this info somewhere other than what someone posted on the forum, please let us know where it is.
Somewhere on this forum, a member posted a side by side comparison of factory rubi's next to Mopar lift Fox's before installing. Don't remember if it was in a lift thread or a build thread. I have been on the forums for a while, it was definitely before Sept '19 when we ordered our Gobi. Picture is worth a 1000 words.

We had the Mopar 2" lift on our 2015 JKUR and it flexed great but sagged bad when loaded for an overland trip. For this reason, we are waiting for AEV or TeraFlex to sell an "Overland" rated heavy spring set lift. The 37" Nitto mud's on AEV Borah wheels rub every so slightly on full flex loaded. My 2 cents/ experience so far.

First Name
Athrilla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT - 2020 Jeep JL
For what it's worth here are my 2 cents and others may totally disagree. Some may be able to help out as well. So here it is and your mileage may very.

This is the first vehicle purchased specifically for me since 2008. The other vehicles purchased since then are family rides.

I have a Sport with the Mopar 2" Lift. It looks good and I can't really complain. It rides nice and turns heads. Had it done at dealer and rolled in price of purchase. Saved $$$ with wheels and tires included. Fancy buttons and TV screens are not worth the price of the other editions to me especially if I can have it lifted for less.

Had I known a few things before hand I would have gone with a different full lift kit. There are many parts and pieces not in your list that would be highly recommended for that factory feeling ride. That is my understanding anyway and I am willing to learn more just as you are.

Many Lift Kits have a warranty. Not the 3yr but at least 2. Will they void the Jeep Warranty? Probably if it's suspension related or not done by a certified mech.

Some dealers will warranty their work, so there's that if you can get them to install something other than the factory kit and not outsource the work.

Mopar Kit does not take out 1.5" rake. Looks good and has a nice stance with 35's but may drop with beefy bumper. Hard to tell but I'm not willing to invest in something that would require better springs or other parts to level it out.

Axle is about 1/4" off center. Not noticeable but I know it's there. I will have dealer look it over next service as well as tightening everything up as the front end makes squeaky noises occasionally. (just hit 9k miles)

If I wanted to level the front I have been told that I may need shock extensions or new shocks with leveling kit. This was a few months ago so that may not be the case today. The belief was the Fox shocks in the kit are only meant for 2" lift and taking out an inch of rake would require additional parts. Again this was with the information at the time. Due to the off center an adjustable track bar would probably be needed as well. Again only investing in the additional parts would tell if it is required.

At the time it was the only true complete kit, not saying piecing parts wasn't available but a complete kit all in one that is supposed to keep factory drive feel. Since then there are many companies in the know that have developed complete kits at about the same price.

I will keep what I have until the warranty is up then I will throw a 3.5 or 4 inch lift that is made to minimize the rake. That way I will have a new ride with little investment.

Long story short, do a little more research and talk to those guys that run shops that have a bunch of Jeeps out front to include Gladiators especially if this is your first Jeep. I say this as my wife is on her second, third if I let her drive mine.
Sponsored