Sponsored

How many Launch Editions have been delivered? How many more yet to be built?

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
The 20 number is more of a poke at the dealer who said 4170 were already built. I think we are still tracking more than 20 Granite LEs on the tracking spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18CzyrrDuUyLk1NNhpOmoabLIUt6JA3BXtR-Tlbthhec/edit#gid=0), and that's just forum members who have entered their information. There are many more out there not on the sheet.
And @chefdavidscottwalker won't say where he got this number, so it's likely just a WAG with nothing to back it up.
Sponsored

Jensen66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
C status still as of this morning. If there were only 20 there is no way they all would not move forward in status. Silver is looking better every day...

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
I find it odd that only 20 granite crystal LEs are being built. I understand the math but that color was available to be ordered from the get go and considering how popular of a color it is the numbers just don't make sense. Logic would dictate a more even distribution amongst the 5 colors. The only logical explanation is that a lot of dealers ordered them right away in the readily available colors knowing they would sell.
You’re reiterating my point... I don’t believe 4170 LE’s have been built. I don’t believe, of the 4190 total, there are only 20 LE’s ordered! I’m trying to find those figures... but I do not believe “Chef-what’s-his-name’s” post! ;{

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
You’re reiterating my point... I don’t believe 4170 LE’s have been built. I don’t believe, of the 4190 total, there are only 20 LE’s ordered! I’m trying to find those figures... but I do not believe “Chef-what’s-his-name’s” post! ;{
Yes, the math I was referring to in my original post was that there would only be 20 Granite Crystal LEs ordered. I know there is a faction of people out there that just have to be one of the first people to have one but even considering that it still doesn't make sense. When you look at sales of the Wrangler by color GC represents ~20% of Jeeps sold. Now if you take into consideration that there where only 5 colors available for the LE then the percentage would be closer to 23% or 974 units of the 4190. I just don't see that many people jumping ship on the color of their choice just to be one of the first with a Gladiator.

JEEP COLOR SALES.png

Sponsored

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Avenger, Used to own 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Yes, the math I was referring to in my original post was that there would only be 20 Granite Crystal LEs ordered. I know there is a faction of people out there that just have to be one of the first people to have one but even considering that it still doesn't make sense. When you look at sales of the Wrangler by color GC represents ~20% of Jeeps sold. Now if you take into consideration that there where only 5 colors available for the LE then the percentage would be closer to 23% or 974 units of the 4190. I just don't see that many people jumping ship on the color of their choice just to be one of the first with a Gladiator.

JEEP COLOR SALES.png
now that's math lol

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

JEEP COLOR SALES.png
There was a poll when the LE was announced. On the forum, of the folks who answered, 36% said they were ordering Granite Crystal Metallic. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/le-order-color-for-those-that-ordered-an-le.15370/

Now since then, I know of at least 4 of the 20 or so GCM LE folks on the tracking spreadsheet that have bailed on GCM in favor of another color due to the wait. Some of them took the poll. So that percentage has dropped, but even if 20% of the original GCM LEs bailed, that's still about 30% overall that ordered GCM LEs.

All of this is only a small subset of overall LE orders (56 of "4190" orders), but can be used as a reference point.

Another reference point: from the tracking spreadsheet, the current breakdown is:
13 silver
12 black
14 white
18 red
22 granite
79 total LEs tracked. 28% are Granite.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation

JEEP COLOR SALES.png
Sure... 974 GC’s yet to be built, and 3216 LE’s already built, makes perfect sense! I was just hoping someone might have already gleaned the actual stats... but I like your 23% estimate. So, the Toledo Gladiator plant, being smaller than the JL plant, (which can produce 1000 JL’s per day), let’s say it can produce 250 a day... 4 days, once they begin production. (Which sounds like, apparently, end of July.) Double that, just because that’s how FCA rolls... and maybe we’ll see some deliveries end of August! :jk: ;{

Last edited:

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I think the “4170” may have been a typo. I’m sure the poster meant 4190. We all know Jeep is building 4,190 of the LE’s.

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think the “4170” may have been a typo. I’m sure the poster meant 4190. We all know Jeep is building 4,190 of the LE’s.
But the question the poster was answering was, “How many LE’s have already been built and shipped?” To which he replied, “4170!” We all also know...
4190 have not been built!
Mine, (one of the 4190), is still in “C” status, along with all the other Granite Crystal LE’s I know of! ;{

Sponsored

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
It's hard to tell if y'all are being sarcastic or if you're really giving chefy boi too much credit. He thinks there's only 4170 LE's being built in total, including the Granites that haven't been built yet. He stated that erroneously. He thinks OP's question is how many Launch Editions will be made, rather than how many of the 4190 total have already been manufactured. How many salesmen out there actually research the vehicles they sell beyond what they see on the lot every day? They aren't on here 24/7 like most of us haha

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I don't know who to reply to on this first. Alright, some of us live here on the forum. Check. And some of us think it was way over 4190 made. Check. And all agree dealers gamed the system to get lot examples to overprice and not sell, which is why some are around, whether they faked orders, doubled orders, or kept canceled orders. But what we haven't seen is an actual compar-o of orders vs deliveries and we don'tink factory even knows the numbers. Anyway, I hope they made one manual transmission so I can buy it used.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I know of one Very Very Unhappy Life-long Jeep Fan-Boy and and his wife Cindy of Carson City, NV. who have a certain "Way-of-Life" (hint) that evolves around JEEPs, especially Wrangler's AND has been Impatiently waiting on their JT LE (WHITE) for 3 MONTHS and as of today - no sign or notification as to when (should be asking "IF"?) to expect IT ! ? I find this very troubling myself, especially after he hinted that they were going to Originally order a White SPORT S so they can do what they usually do - mood the heck out of it ! I just don't know why folks in similar Limbo just don't cancel and order a non LE and get it SOONER or get one off a dealer lot, No Wait ! :swear: :headbang:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I know of one Very Very Unhappy Life-long Jeep Fan-Boy and and his wife Cindy of Carson City, NV. who have a certain "Way-of-Life" (hint) that evolves around JEEPs, especially Wrangler's AND has been Impatiently waiting on their JT LE (WHITE) for 3 MONTHS and as of today - no sign or notification as to when (should be asking "IF"?) to expect IT ! ? I find this very troubling myself, especially after he hinted that they were going to Originally order a White SPORT S so they can do what they usually do - mood the heck out of it ! I just don't know why folks in similar Limbo just don't cancel and order a non LE and get it SOONER or get one off a dealer lot, No Wait ! :swear: :headbang:
Simple...I can't get what I want off the lot. If I wanted to settle without options I wanted, or for a color I don't want, then I guess I could buy one off the lot. Or I could place an order for a custom build with everything I want (except I would get stuck with the f-ugly red dash), and would still be in line behind the LEs.

Now, once Jeep figures out how to run the paint machines with Granite Crystal Metallic (even though they have been building Wranglers and RAMs in that color for years, so really don't understand why they are having all of these problems on the JT), I'll be in business.
Sponsored