Separate names with a comma.
For me (and probably most), this isn't a binary decision.
Without an actual price, I don't think anyone can say with 100% certainty they will order one day 1. Everyone has an idea of the price range so have a feel what they think they can afford, but until there is a no $hit MSRP/invoice published pricing and negotiated out the door cost with a dealer, things could change for anyone (unless money is no issue).
Also, without knowing what you can actually order day 1, you don't know if you can even order what you want. Will late colors be available to order day 1? Maybe. Diesel? Not likely. Other options? TBD...
Some dealers will require deposits on orders, others will not. No financing/credit checks are done at time the order is placed. People back out of orders if they find what they want on a dealer lot later before their order comes in, situations change, or when it comes in can't actually pay for it or finance it. You may be out your deposit, depending on the dealer (if they even took one). Unless you order some crazy options that no one else wants, they would put your custom build on the lot and it probably won't sit around too long anyway, and the dealer got a vehicle above their original allotment.
So, yeah, I will place an order day 1 if I can order what I want at a reasonable price.
I’m all in in day one! Only question is color. Always had white vehicles but can shake Red out of my head. New rims and 35’s. Winch and changes to front bumper. Loading up a JT Rubi. It’s time for my F150 to go bye bye and I have been waiting for JT for the towing capacity for my boat. If the JLU could tow my boat I would have bought one 18 months ago. If price is STUPID ( I want to believe it will be reasonable - JLUish) then I’ll keep working on the CJ7 and maybe expand fleet with a JLU.
Well I think many of us would have liked -12 months from now, but that wasn't an option.
Yes, yes you do
I will own one. Not exactly sure if it is going to be right off the jump. I was torn between the Gladiator and the Ranger. I have made my decision. I am a working man and I would be a liar if I said I did not take price into account. That being said I have been stashing money since I learned the Gladiator was coming. Heck I still have an old picture from a magazine of the Jeep Rescue concept so as soon as I learned about the Gladiator I was essentially sold.
My plan right now is to order first day. But I'm definitely ordering Sting-Gray, so i'm sure I'll have to wait past June...
oops i posted this in the wrong thread before lol
I'll order when the late colors are available
It’s entirely possible that I could order 3 different JT’s in the first 18 months. Color, diesel, and half doors could all necessitate different orders. I’m NOT afraid to leave a truck on the dealer lot or trade one in after just a few months. Resale value will likely make it easy to trade with every little loss
do you mean that when ordering opens up we can't order? I imagined that late availability meant late delivery...
Hopefully I can put my order in day one...
That's unclear at this point
With the JL, you couldn't order the late colors at launch
It’s a GDQ: good damn question. I suggest that you ask your dealership. They should know the answer. Certain they been down this road before. And if they don’t know the answer then they can ask their Jeep rep for the answer.
What kind of loss do you anticipate that would create to trade in just one JT?
Love this forum. I'm total price. Any of following: stock as rock sport max tow; overland w manual; restomod. Likeliest: I buy an old jeep pickup now, and get a 2020 in a couple years used. I'm just not paying these fools for a POS ESS. I'll pay the fool who paid them. Hope that makes sense. Plywood.
Resale is crazy on Wranglers, and I don’t expect it to be much worse on JT’s. I mean, I traded in a 2013 JKU with 45k miles after driving it for 3 years and got $1500 less than I paid for it...and I kept the hard top. Locally, we don’t have dealers doing 7% under invoice, so my Green Slip pricing means the first 6-12 months of depreciation is minimized.