Sponsored

How many of you are no $hit going to place an order on day one?

How many of you are no $hit going to pull the trigger and place an order?

• I know I can’t get one but have talked too much, and will blame my spouse after prices are released

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My love of unboxing videos on YouTube directly affects why I’m here

• Pricing will be my excuse to not buy something I wasn’t going to buy anyways

• Total voters

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite JTLE Ordered, switched to the dark(er) side: Black JTLE
Work has been crazy, but I’ve been checking in here for news every once and a while—it’s gotten much more interesting in the last few days. Anyways, I recall there was a post about general interest for the JT and how many people planned on purchasing. Now that we’re closer to the moment of truth, I’m truly curious to see how many of the folks on here will shit or get off the pot.

This isn’t meant to ridicule anyone (well only a little) that won’t be going straight to their dealer on the day order banks open to put a deposit down, but more to understand the majority of people on here.

In my mind, how many of the people going back and forth over theoretical pricing will end up purchasing on day one, the next year, next two years? That same sort of thinking may apply to all of the other arguments that draw people in.

Forums tend to gather extremely likeminded people, or people who want to discuss products/goods with others who purchased the same items. Jeep people are really a mix of both, so I’m interested to see the responses from folks who are serious about purchasing ASAP, those who would like to but their circumstances don’t quite align, and those who really just want to discuss JT topics because it’s a fun thing to do with a good group of folks on this forum (even that guy who bought the Tacoma is still good people!)

From my own perspective after only a few weeks of being active on here, you’d think every registered Jeep Gladiator Forum member, minus the 17 people who’ve publicly said otherwise, will be lining up at the dealer to place their order, at 7% below invoice (seemingly more important than what the invoice actually is), to wait the agreed 3 months before towing all of the things (most don’t tow now, but we all definitely will after we max out a trailer full of plywood because it never fit in the bed). Sarcasm aside, to each their own; just want to see what a few of your decisions/criteria really are.
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I will buy on day one. I struggled with the options above because I am a little price driven as well. I am convinced that a model will be in my price range just not 100% sure which it is. I can justify in several ways why each model could be or couldn’t be in my range. I made a deposit with a local dealership who will give me a fair price today so that when banks open up I am one of the first ones he or she calls. I am at the point where I need a new vehicle, I sold my JKUR last month in preparation for the gladiator. That being said if (and I don’t think it will be) this think is way over my budget than I can just get a JLU and I will still be a happy clam. But I am all in on the Gladiator (mostly).

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have narrowed my choices down to a ZR2 or a Gladiator. The Glad will either be a Sport S or a Rubicon.

All that is left is to see the price and test drive the Glad to make up my mind.
I can get a ZR2 for 35-38K depending on extras so if the Glad is much over 40 (With discounts) I’ll probably be out.....but if it’s within my range I’m going to order one ASAP to be sure to get exactly what I want without anything I don’t.

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
I’m going to get one but not until late this year or early 2020. Can’t wait and will envy those driving one while I still wait to pull the trigger. LoL.

Sponsored

Stephensjer

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150
I’m several of those options. I pull a 6,500lb camper with my f150, but both are getting older. I have maybe a year or two with my current rig before changing, hopefully to a M/T Gladiator.

Also, I still have a lot of work to do to convince my wife that the JT isn’t hideous.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
That’s an easy question for me. Simple answer: it’s a definite maybe.

It all depends on the price. As everyone knows some guy from Jeep said that it would be intentionally expensive. I ain’t about to sign a blank check for this truck. If it’s priced close to a current Wrangler price then I will have my order placed the day Jeep announces pricing. And if they try to charge a bloody fortune for it then I’m outtta here immediately and looking at a plan B purchase.

And finally FYI just take a look at how many active members to this forum that you see. I bet that a majority of them do not get involved in this forum just for the fun of it. Instead I bet that most are like me, dead serious about getting a Gladiator and they are doing their homework on this truck by finding out all they can about it right here on this forum.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
I WILL order on day one...but I’m in a weird place. I changed jobs this year and have a pro-rated training contract that is sizable, and each month that I keep the job, 1/12 of the funds that would pay back the training cost go into my Jeep budget. Essentially then, every month I wait represents another option box checked or possibly a jump from Sport S to Rubi. So, if I find out that Gobi will be available before I take delivery of my day-one order...then the dealer gets to keep it and I order again.

I hate these delays and late availability options...but I’m also kinda ok with them.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
@nate320 add an option in the poll for waiting for late availability colors.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
+/- 12 months from now, I will be ready to purchase a new vehicle. I have an ecodiesel now, and it is a pleasure to tow with. REALLY REALLY want a diesel Gladiator, if for some reason they don't put one in it I might consider the 3.6L again but Only with some sort of forced induction.
Also hoping within a year they offer the Rubicon trim without the dated-before-you-leave-the-dealer, soon-to-be-pink-when-the-sun-fades-it red stitching. (Yes I know you can get the fau leather option that I don't like/need either) Plain ol' black stitching, please.

Sponsored

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
If the price is similar to JLU, within reason, I will order day one or two. If it is something crazy will just go with the JLU. My window for the options I consider must have my price is pretty narrow. Options I want are, cold weather, 7" radio, regular tow, that's it. Im not willing to spend over $38K on Sport S with so few options.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I plan to order a Gobi Rubi. If I can order that day one I will (some indication is that late colors will be available for order when order banks open day 1). If not, I'll order when I can.

If pricing is crazy or after I drive one think it drives like crap, that may change.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Several of you are saying I am ordering on day, but are also saying unless I don't like the test drive. If that is your mind set I have news for you. You are not ordering on day 1 if you are waiting to test drive. The order banks will be open before dealers have them on the lot for test drives. If you are ordering on day 1 then you are taking the leap of faith.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Christmas gift to myself! I deserve it....:captain:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Several of you are saying I am ordering on day, but are also saying unless I don't like the test drive. If that is your mind set I have news for you. You are not ordering on day 1 if you are waiting to test drive. The order banks will be open before dealers have them on the lot for test drives. If you are ordering on day 1 then you are taking the leap of faith.
You can order, but end up not purchasing it...
Sponsored