Sponsored

How much lift do you need to wheel on 35s with sway bars disconnected in a Sport?

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So there has been plenty of discussion regarding getting 35s onto a stock Gladiator. Looks like a Rubi suspension and levelers will get you there for on road driving. But just looking at the gap left over doesn’t seem like it would be enough for off-roading with a lot of articulation. So my question is...

Without changing fenders, how much lift you need for no-compromise wheeling on 35s on a Sport?Just to add to the discussion, let’s say with and without sway bars disconnected.
Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So I can't speak for disconnecting the sway bars, but I have wheeled my Sport with 35's and have only slightly rubbed the plastic inner fender once. I've had it fully flexed and the tires surprisingly fit nicely into the wheel wells. I'm running 17x10" Fuel Shok's w/ 35" x 12.5" Nitto's. Again, this was with sway bars connected, so I imagine there'd be more clearance issues if they were not connected.

KIMG2023.JPG

KIMG2021.JPG

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I can't speak for disconnecting the sway bars, but I have wheeled my Sport with 35's and have only slightly rubbed the plastic inner fender once. I've had it fully flexed and the tires surprisingly fit nicely into the wheel wells. I'm running 17x10" Fuel Shok's w/ 35" x 12.5" Nitto's. Again, this was with sway bars connected, so I imagine there'd be more clearance issues if they were not connected.

Jeep Gladiator How much lift do you need to wheel on 35s with sway bars disconnected in a Sport? KIMG2021.JPG

Jeep Gladiator How much lift do you need to wheel on 35s with sway bars disconnected in a Sport? KIMG2021.JPG
What kind of lift do you have to accommodate that?

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No lift. Sport with Max Tow.
Interesting... That’s what I’ve got and I’m looking to add a Rubi suspension and levelers this weekend. I’ll only have 33s on it for now, but want to ensure I’ve got head room if I want to upgrade in the future.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting... That’s what I’ve got and I’m looking to add a Rubi suspension and levelers this weekend. I’ll only have 33s on it for now, but want to ensure I’ve got head room if I want to upgrade in the future.
I know the wider Max Tow 44's help, along with the wheels having 4.5" of backspacing. Either way, I'm happy with it. I only "play" with the JT once in a while as I bought it as a tow rig. I am saving the crazy stuff for my YJ.
Sponsored