Sponsored

How popular are Gladiators where you are?

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Saw the black JT I first saw 6/19 on my commute today, looks way better lifted. Saw one coming up to Shaver Lake on Sunday, as well. More and more out there.
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Here in the Katy,Tx area seeing a few more lately and around down in the Galveston Area. Seems that with better pricing and deals bit more being bought. I have seen a couple soccer moms driving Rubicons in my area. Would imagine they were purchased as mall crawlers. Seen a few Overlands in the area recently I have not seen around before. Talked to one of the owners and he said he was just waiting for a good deal and they offered him a great price on a loaded Overland so he bought it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Central Iowa - Jeep country here, honestly. You see every other model and sometimes at stop lights you see 3, 4, even 5 Jeeps of various sorts there with you. The Grand Cherokee is probably the most numerous, followed by various Wrangler flavors and kin.
As far as Gladiator?
HAHAHA - trip to Indiana in February, saw ONE on the west side of IL.
Trip to Omaha in March - saw one on I80.
Saw one going south on I35 back in about December or so.
I've seen two in parking lots over the winter.
But in the last 3 months - mine is the ONLY one I have seen!
My nephew came over last weekend so I could rebuild the carb for his 69 Javelin. His dad (my brother) has had several Wranglers of various sorts (I seem to recall he had a CJ7 back in the 80s) but even Steele, my nephew, says he's seen maybe one in the whole time they've been out (besides mine that is) He does think they are waaay cool and was asking if I'd done this or that, taken the roof off yet, that sort of thing (I guess his dad regularly takes the top off their Wrangler so he knew a lot about that)
Anyway, can count on my fingers, almost one hand, the numbers I have seen and one of those wasn't in Iowa, and two were out of state trucks, with southern state license plates.
Odd but then not - this is TRUCK country as much as Jeep country. I've said it before - people want serious trucks here.
Even soccer moms in Iowa drive 3/4 ton 4x4s and Hummers.

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Have had mine for a year, in that time i've seen maybe 20. There are a ton on the lot, but don't see them on the road much

Sponsored

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Just swung by my Vancouver dealership today and talking to the parts manager he said they sold over 100 vehicles off the lot last month. That was better than June 2019 of last year. He said the last three people buying JT’s off the lot all traded in convertible cars. They only have 1 JTR and 2 Sports on the lot now.

Gr8ful

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Occupation
Professionally unemployed
I live 40 miles north of Agusta Ga and I bought mine a month ago. I've only seen 3 in that time. Dont think they are selling that well here. Mine was on the dealer lot 5 months. Maybe due to the $57k MSRP for a Overland. I got almost $12k off so they wanted to move it. I dont see many at all and I like it.

OP
OP
JohnFinx

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE: For the last week or so, which included a day trip to Tampa that was mainly all road time....
I have only seen one.
And that's the one in my driveway.
Maybe they are hiding from covid...

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics
I saw 4 yesterday between Springfield, MO and Harrison, AR on Hwy 65.
(That’s about 1 hr 20 min drive)
I'm in Bella Vista, AR...pretty much the northern suburb of Bentonville, AR (home of WalMart) ....I work from home but see maybe one per weekend....usually at the local Sam's Club. I get waves from about 50% of the JL/JK class but JT's must have steering issues as their hands never leave the 10-2 position.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
When I first got mine, it was just me and my buddy up the road that had them in my area (and we got ours a week apart). We were the first two, as far as I know, because the only ones I'd seen locally at the dealership, got sold to out-of-towners. And they were priced at or above sticker, and nobody around here is going to pay $65K for a Jeep...There are some rich people around, but mostly they're not into driving Jeeps...Viper GTS and new Corvettes and $150K Benz, but not $65K Jeeps.

I've probably seen 2 dozen different ones in just a couple months, between the jobsite and my area where I live.

Sponsored

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the Twin Cities. Very few here. Only seen 3. BUT keep in mind that there are thousands of JLs, and JKs. The JT has only been out for a year.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well the dealership I got mine at sold / Leased 17 in about 3 weeks, not including their other location. Or the 2 other dealers around here. I see anywhere from 3 to 10 a day some days probably more. Where I work there is at least 7. I've crossed paths with 3 or 4 members here that I see / wave to. A buddy of mine has a nice black Rubicon his was one of first I seen around. Last year. Then after I got mine a few months later they was every where. Back some days ago I came out of Lowes to see 2 more parked / stopped by mine. One is a member but said he doesn't post anything.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
A few of you hit nail on head I think at first being FCA dealers acting like they are painted over gold panals. June 29 last year a friend of mine passed away unexpectedly, I went to 3 dealerships to get a Sport S Max-Tow ECT and said get it I was buy it..... They would not, only overloaded with B.S. Overland's and Rubicon's then loaded up with more dealership add on's starting at over 55k or Sport's loaded up with b.s. and listed for 50k plus. I walked out, I kept on telling them. January I was about to take a job overseas, I stopped in again, they found out my credit score they listen to me and got me almost exactly what I wanted the next day with a dealer swap. I picked up on way to work and I didn't take the job.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Phoenix, 5th largest metro in USA, we are seeing 3 JTs a day on your average across town drive

OP
OP
JohnFinx

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Another point that may be impacting sales here is that one of the local dealerships keeps very few Gladiators in stock and parks them behind the back lot in in the dirt where you can't see or find them. Another one has just a few on the lot that you have to cross a construction zone to get to.
Where I bought mine they were up front, easy to go look at, and displayed like they wanted to sell them.
Sponsored