Sponsored

I am stuck... How do you remove the air dam... the bolts and plug are out!

Harley505

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 6 Speed Manual ‘’1st Manual Transmission available and sold in the local Sales Division’’
Occupation
Retired
I removed 1 plug, 1 wire bundle attachment, 1 course screw and 6 bolts... what am I hung up on? I am heading to get 35 x 12.5’s tomorrow so i need them gone! Dam bolts where too long for their purpose! I did see the plastic fix post and prayed that out of the hole, do I need to remove more components?

Update;
after getting an assist from the wife and a screwdriver we where are able to get it unstuck, it was hung up on the center air dam right where the two are joined held together by the push in plug... it might have been easier to remove the center along with the side!

2020 Gladiator Sport S 6 Speed Manual

Mike
Sponsored

Last edited:

jpfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Sport S
I’m assuming you talking about the pieces between the bumper and fender.

It’s easier to do if you remove the air dam below the front bumper. Just two bolts and about 6-8 plastic panel retainers. Once that’s off you’ll be able to see what’s holding them on.

OP
OP
Harley505

Harley505

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 6 Speed Manual ‘’1st Manual Transmission available and sold in the local Sales Division’’
Occupation
Retired
I’m assuming you talking about the pieces between the bumper and fender.

It’s easier to do if you remove the air dam below the front bumper. Just two bolts and about 6-8 plastic panel retainers. Once that’s off you’ll be able to see what’s holding them on.
Thanks... I should have done just that, I managed to get them out the hard way... brute force, luckily nothing was damaged!

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I believe I believe I removed the first couple screws out of the lower pan and still had to muscle it out.
Sponsored