First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Financial Professional
Me too! Forget everything I said about being careful, you probably have a good idea how to drive at this point in your life lol.

Hey, I would like to think so but I am sure some people on the road think I don't haha

At the same time, it's always great to be extra careful!
Sponsored

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
Congratulations. Those are good parents and you're lucky they were able to do it for you. Great story

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
Hey, I would like to think so but I am sure some people on the road think I don't haha

At the same time, it's always great to be extra careful!
Yeah but at the same time by the time I was 24 I already found out full well what happens when you toss the back end of your Mustang out on a curve @ 70mph in light rain. Anything you didn't know at 16 at driving of that magnitude, physics has already taught you all the lessons you'll need for life. The rest comes down to how reckless you are ;)

OP
OP
Chris_M

Chris_M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Professional
Yeah but at the same time by the time I was 24 I already found out full well what happens when you toss the back end of your Mustang out on a curve @ 70mph in light rain. Anything you didn't know at 16 at driving of that magnitude, physics has already taught you all the lessons you'll need for life. The rest comes down to how reckless you are ;)
Haha fair enough, I think I had the benefit of the V6 Dodge Dakota at the time when I was 16 so I couldn't get into trouble if I wanted to, though there may have been some races home from school against friends bobbing and weaving in and out of traffic

Sponsored

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
Haha fair enough, I think I had the benefit of the V6 Dodge Dakota at the time when I was 16 so I couldn't get into trouble if I wanted to, though there may have been some races home from school against friends bobbing and weaving in and out of traffic
I would challenge that. A '95 Nissan Pathfinder can get you in plenty of trouble even at 45mph offroad when you're 16 learning how to drive. Don't ask me, ask the deer!

OP
OP
Chris_M

Chris_M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Professional
I would challenge that. A '95 Nissan Pathfinder can get you in plenty of trouble even at 45mph offroad when you're 16 learning how to drive. Don't ask me, ask the deer!
Oh no haha but fair enough!

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
You sound like you're an appreciative son which is probably why your parents did it in the first place.

I've got two sons, 10 and 5, and could totally see my wife and I doing this for them. Not because they're spoiled, but because they're good kids and appreciate their parents.

Congrats bud and like others have mentioned, enjoy your kick-ass parents and keep being a kick-ass son. :beer: :jk:

OP
OP
Chris_M

Chris_M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Professional
You sound like you're an appreciative son which is probably why your parents did it in the first place.

I've got two sons, 10 and 5, and could totally see my wife and I doing this for them. Not because they're spoiled, but because they're good kids and appreciate their parents.

Congrats bud and like others have mentioned, enjoy your kick-ass parents and keep being a kick-ass son. :beer: :jk:

Thank you so much I really appreciate it! I wouldn't be the man I am today if it weren't for them so I appreciate them more than anyone could ever know! They are the best (I am sure you are a great dad too haha just not the best ;) ) I hope to do the same for my kids one day and if your kids are anything like me, they will literally thank you FOREVER!

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys,1986 Comanche XLS (LS1 swap)
Occupation
Firefighter/ Paramedic / Home inspector
That’s so awesome! Congrats and enjoy it! Beautiful truck! Most important question, what are your plans for it?

OP
OP
Chris_M

Chris_M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Professional
That’s so awesome! Congrats and enjoy it! Beautiful truck! Most important question, what are your plans for it?

I don't know, part of me has big plans, another part says just preserve the fact that it is a special edition, so I am torn!