Sponsored

I just saw this at Harbor Freight today.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Without hand rails extending farther up, I don't see the usefulness of this beyond a simple folding stool
Tell that to my knees. We can hold onto the bed. This mounts on the sides. Yes some of the Big 3 sell a nicer model. This is the one I will try.
Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Mad Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Far Northwest Deep East Texas in the Dirty South
Website
www.best-motorcycle.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Wrangler Sahara
Maybe I don't understand.
Is there a reason the tailgate is down?

At 76, 5'6" and 50 pounds overweight
I'm in better health than I deserve
but I step on the trailer hitch or bumper
and crawl over the tailgate of my JTR.

I've given up getting onto my 3/4-ton flatbed.
There is nothing to hold onto.
I need a handrail more than a ladder.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Ironically, I didn't realize that. Last time I was in HF or even on their web site it was for their Icon torque wrench - didn't have a lot of time to browse. But........ now that I know it's there, time to look for coupons and make the 30 minute trip to the closest HF.
That set is missing the 10mm in 3/4" drive, though......
Nothing that can't be fixed with an adapter

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

40x40

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
Occupation
gray beard
I've seen several write ups about this and thought I would share.

I've considered this due to my disability.
Hopefully someone that has installed one can chime in on it's functionality and ease of install.

Not much else to say about it. So I will let the pics do the talking.

Jeep Gladiator I just saw this at Harbor Freight today. 1711205807401-k1
last april i bought something similar from amazon. the difference is it swivels so accessing the tailgate can be done from the side or rear. it is designed to hug the tailgate when it is closed and does it with a tension strap. it is from AA Products $89.90 i have the hard folding cover on my rubicon so it took a bunch of measuring before, dare i say, drilling into the tailgate. it comes with soft washers and i put silicone in the holes. as one who suffers from "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" syndrome, i can see me slipping off of the bumper in rush to access the bed. particularly common when needing to get in the bed to retrieve an item when on a wet or soggy trail. stuck perhaps? if i have anything heavier than a 40 pack of water bottles, i unstrap it, swing it to the side and then put a heavy item on the tailgate and slide it into the box. for all the 13 year olds at heart, i'll beat you to it and say "that's what she said"!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
last april i bought something similar from amazon. the difference is it swivels so accessing the tailgate can be done from the side or rear. it is designed to hug the tailgate when it is closed and does it with a tension strap. it is from AA Products $89.90 i have the hard folding cover on my rubicon so it took a bunch of measuring before, dare i say, drilling into the tailgate. it comes with soft washers and i put silicone in the holes. as one who suffers from "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" syndrome, i can see me slipping off of the bumper in rush to access the bed. particularly common when needing to get in the bed to retrieve an item when on a wet or soggy trail. stuck perhaps? if i have anything heavier than a 40 pack of water bottles, i unstrap it, swing it to the side and then put a heavy item on the tailgate and slide it into the box. for all the 13 year olds at heart, i'll beat you to it and say "that's what she said"!
I installed nutserts in the tailgate. I can remove the ladder like normal, but if the mounting plate is in the way for any reason, it comes off fast, too. I figured that to be stronger than just sheet metal screws like they supply screwed into the soft tailgate metal.
I'd never use one swiveled to the rear as there's definitely nothing to hang onto that way - you are walking up a ladder with nothing at all to hang onto, not even the side of the bed, so this is what I've stuck with for several years.

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
Has anyone tried to incorporate an F150 tailgate step in to a Gladiator tailgate? I feel like with some trimming it could work.

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Has anyone tried to incorporate an F150 tailgate step in to a Gladiator tailgate? I feel like with some trimming it could work.
I believe the height and width of a F150 tailgate is more than the Gladiators. I am sure someone with the correct skills could do it though.

OP
OP
SargeDiesel

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Ironically, I didn't realize that. Last time I was in HF or even on their web site it was for their Icon torque wrench - didn't have a lot of time to browse. But........ now that I know it's there, time to look for coupons and make the 30 minute trip to the closest HF.
That set is missing the 10mm in 3/4" drive, though......
I'm thinking my next thread will be on 10mm sockets 🤣
Sponsored