First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I am not getting the App message that you all are getting yet, but I noticed yesterday, and today that my "OffRoad Pages" app keeps disappearing. I wasn't there yesterday day while I was driving, but it showed back up on my way home last night. Then this morning on the way to work I checked and it was there. I happened to check again when I arrived at work while I was parked, and it disappeared again. Very strange...wondering if I should have mine reset as well @JeepCares
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Off-Road Pages is slightly different than the concern everyone else is talking about. Can you confirm whether or not your vehicle recieved the Marketplace update recently? This would be a new app within your vehicle. Feel free to PM me.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thanks Alison. Iā€™m taking mine to dealer Monday and will have them do this and report back if it works.
Sounds good. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Alison
JeepCares

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline. Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Sounds good. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Alison
JeepCares
I have not had a chance to take it to dealership yet. Got busy this week :(

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I have not had a chance to take it to dealership yet. Got busy this week :(
No problem. Just let me know when you're able to make an appointment.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
A bit more info on this topic about apps being unavailable popup screen as I pictured in an earlier post in this thread.
I went to the dealership again and this time I had the info from jeepcares here about reset and all that. The prior dealership I left with no results only frustration after they just 'didn't get it'.
So I went back to the dealer I bought from. The guy I went through was busy but he'd been working with and training another fellow there about the uconnect stuff. I relayed what jeepcares said about reset and all that. The other guy was helping- I also had an issue where texts were no longer coming through uconnect - he went in and did a settings/factory reset or whatever it was, clearing out everything like it was factory fresh. We reconnected my phone, put some of my settings back and texts were then coming through. It's been a while since I have seen the some apps may be unavailable message but my sales guy - Scott, came out by that time and joined the discussion and said "I bet that was happening because you were getting updates they pushed at that time". Hmmmmm? No notice, just do it? I guess that's ok but really? Never heard that before. I mean, he COULD be correct - in any case, I'm happy to report that I have not seen that message for a few days now and the uconnect stuff is working as far as phone and text messages.
So - it was either updates being pushed which is exactly how I would expect any computer to act during updates - phone, pc or otherwise, or, the reset the other guy did, then them taking over and putting all my settings back (gee, I could have done that - no sweat but they wanted to do it and make sure I left with things the way I had or wanted them, cool.)

I guess keep track of things - if the messages stop appearing after a while - maybe it was updates being pushed, otherwise, try the settings/reset method, or, like one guy said "pull the radio fuse and wait half an hour or so and put it back".

Sponsored

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline. Gator Gladiator Rubicon
A bit more info on this topic about apps being unavailable popup screen as I pictured in an earlier post in this thread.
I went to the dealership again and this time I had the info from jeepcares here about reset and all that. The prior dealership I left with no results only frustration after they just 'didn't get it'.
So I went back to the dealer I bought from. The guy I went through was busy but he'd been working with and training another fellow there about the uconnect stuff. I relayed what jeepcares said about reset and all that. The other guy was helping- I also had an issue where texts were no longer coming through uconnect - he went in and did a settings/factory reset or whatever it was, clearing out everything like it was factory fresh. We reconnected my phone, put some of my settings back and texts were then coming through. It's been a while since I have seen the some apps may be unavailable message but my sales guy - Scott, came out by that time and joined the discussion and said "I bet that was happening because you were getting updates they pushed at that time". Hmmmmm? No notice, just do it? I guess that's ok but really? Never heard that before. I mean, he COULD be correct - in any case, I'm happy to report that I have not seen that message for a few days now and the uconnect stuff is working as far as phone and text messages.
So - it was either updates being pushed which is exactly how I would expect any computer to act during updates - phone, pc or otherwise, or, the reset the other guy did, then them taking over and putting all my settings back (gee, I could have done that - no sweat but they wanted to do it and make sure I left with things the way I had or wanted them, cool.)

I guess keep track of things - if the messages stop appearing after a while - maybe it was updates being pushed, otherwise, try the settings/reset method, or, like one guy said "pull the radio fuse and wait half an hour or so and put it back".
Thanks for the update ShadowsPapa. Mine has not done it in like 2 weeks so I did not take my truck into dealership. Sounds like the push update theory could be the winner!

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Thanks for the update ShadowsPapa. Mine has not done it in like 2 weeks so I did not take my truck into dealership. Sounds like the push update theory could be the winner!
Same for me - all has been fine for about 2 weeks so I have not taken it in...

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr ,2020 jt gladiator
Message sent. Thanks for the help!!
I got the same message Christmas morning, and again last week, some APPs grayed out, a while later they were back!

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has not given me that message for several weeks now. All seems to be fine. So, either it WAS updates, or, it was resolved by the soft reset in settings.
One way or another, it has behaved lately.

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Got it again - was taking the east mix-master NE of DSM, pulling onto I 80 west bound coming from under the overpass and the message popped up. Don't know about apps because it's normally on the MUSIC screen - but touched ok and the message went away and all was fine.
So I've got to find someone who knows about this issue. Dealer said "never seen such a thing, never heard of that before". Yeah, right......
Has anyone found out what is happening with the apps?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone found out what is happening with the apps?

i have to assume it was either updates coming into my new JT - or - doing the reset and reconfiguring it helped.
No issue with apps grayed out or the message "some apps may be unavailable" for weeks now.

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Apps are 3G driven. No service = no apps

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Apps are 3G driven. No service = no apps
While that may be true, mine was a different sort of situation.
There WAS service. And it was specific apps, some where there, some where not.
Sponsored