Sponsored

I wish this would just go away...

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Some are like that, but not all. Go to another dealer. It might be farther away, but I don't believe in being held hostage by locals that insist on adding on excess profits on an already expensive vehicle.
Yes. Mine did not add anything.
Sponsored

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
I’m currently looking for a dealer within 200 miles that doesn’t add the bs
I just went through this myself. There are probably a dozen Jeep dealerships closer to me than the one I bought from, but they all had $1500-$2000 in addendums not shown in any advertised price. As was said earlier, the only way to stop this is to buy from dealerships that don't use deception to sell their vehicles. If you're anywhere in the Carolinas, I would suggest checking out Ross CJDR in Boone, NC. I had a great experience, and they didn't play any games.

And if you haven't been there, Boone is a gorgeous drive with access to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
That's why I ordered mine; everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. Plus it was cheaper.

Last edited:

JBOverland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland Gladiator
There is a GMC dealer down the street from my house. Almost every truck they get in they add lifts and tires and stuff to it. God knows what else they charge for.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I just went through this myself. There are probably a dozen Jeep dealerships closer to me than the one I bought from, but they all had $1500-$2000 in addendums not shown in any advertised price. As was said earlier, the only way to stop this is to buy from dealerships that don't use deception to sell their vehicles. If you're anywhere in the Carolinas, I would suggest checking out Ross CJDR in Boone, NC. I had a great experience, and they didn't play any games.

And if you haven't been there, Boone is a gorgeous drive with access to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Yep I had to leave the area to go to Tri-City, none of the dealers around here wanted to listen to me on what I actually wanted. Got a Rubicon for less than the sports they were trying to push on me.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Just made a phone call to a dealer to enquire about a JT. Early in the conversation the salesman brings up the $500 in add-on stuff. I told him if I make them an offer, they're welcome to cut it up however they'd like.
Sponsored