Sponsored

Just test drove this beast today

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
40's with big wheels on that Gladiator is like tits on a bull.

You'd be far better off building your own starting - doing it right - with a new zero miles Gladiator.

As one poster advised: RUN. AWAY. NOW.
Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
You didn't mention it but I would suggest adding the Max Tow option. Gets you the wide axles and 4:10. It is well worth the price in my opinion especially if you are looking at lift and big tires.

OP
OP
Sublime

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
You didn't mention it but I would suggest adding the Max Tow option. Gets you the wide axles and 4:10. It is well worth the price in my opinion especially if you are looking at lift and big tires.
Actually planning to go 5.13 gears right after purchase. Trying to build that into the selling price if I can. I would still have to upgrade the 4.10 so might as well skip the max toe.

Thanks though for looking out.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Cool rig, but let someone else bite.

use what you learned to inform your own rig goals. A lot of dealers will work mods into price new if you need the financing.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Actually planning to go 5.13 gears right after purchase. Trying to build that into the selling price if I can. I would still have to upgrade the 4.10 so might as well skip the max toe.

Thanks though for looking out.
You may want to look into this a bit more. The gears are just a part of it. The axles are wider and have a thicker axle tube like the Rubicon and Mojave. If you are going diesel I believe those get the wide track axles so that would get you there. The wider axles will help when adding larger tires. Just something to consider.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sublime

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
You may want to look into this a bit more. The gears are just a part of it. The axles are wider and have a thicker axle tube like the Rubicon and Mojave. If you are going diesel I believe those get the wide track axles so that would get you there. The wider axles will help when adding larger tires. Just something to consider.
The wider axels are only 1.5" wider total. Please correct me if I'm wrong. My thoughts are at that point .75" on each side doesn't feel like that much of a difference. I won't be off roading that's for sure. Maybe dirt but no rocks.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
The wider axels are only 1.5" wider total. Please correct me if I'm wrong. My thoughts are at that point .75" on each side doesn't feel like that much of a difference. I won't be off roading that's for sure. Maybe dirt but no rocks.
You are correct, about 3/4 on each side. I just think it is a good deal for what you get. If you don't plan to use it and are just after the "look" then it may not be worth it to you. I just hate seeing people on here say "I wish I got this or that". Good luck with it however you decide to go. It will be a ton of fun I'm sure.

OP
OP
Sublime

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
You are correct, about 3/4 on each side. I just think it is a good deal for what you get. If you don't plan to use it and are just after the "look" then it may not be worth it to you. I just hate seeing people on here say "I wish I got this or that". Good luck with it however you decide to go. It will be a ton of fun I'm sure.
Yeah the nice thing about waiting for the color I want is I keep doing research to dial in exactly what I want. A month ago i didnt want a bed rack and tent. Now I'm thinking about it lol.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Yeah the nice thing about waiting for the color I want is I keep doing research to dial in exactly what I want. A month ago i didnt want a bed rack and tent. Now I'm thinking about it lol.
If they ever do release a Gecko or similar I would be very tempted. I do like that color. But but I also think my Gobi is the color this Jeep was ment to be. I do like it a lot.

Sponsored

Slyboots2313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
you can tack on the stance with the new wheels you’ll need for 40’s anyway. Share the build once you start 👍🏼

Wizardfitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys, F150, Harley ultra limited
Occupation
Semi driver
As I say with harley addons, for them to be worth anything you need to find the ass to fit the seat. Someone looking for those exact items or they are worthless

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMHO - you would have to be an idiot to buy a used Gladiator.
The resale value is so strong that you are only getting a few thousand off of what a new one would cost.

If that.

63K would get you a TOTALLY loaded Mojave or Rubicon. I'm talking leather, every option, tow package, best stereo, dual tops, LED lights, Both safety packages. EVERYTHING.

ps. I'm guessing you are young and impulsive. Also guessing you don't actually go off-road. I say this because I've worked in the car sales business and we would fight to the death over a prospective buyer like you. All emotion. No logic.

You aren't shopping them against any other dealers are you? I didn't think so.

OP
OP
Sublime

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
IMHO - you would have to be an idiot to buy a used Gladiator.
The resale value is so strong that you are only getting a few thousand off of what a new one would cost.

If that.

63K would get you a TOTALLY loaded Mojave or Rubicon. I'm talking leather, every option, tow package, best stereo, dual tops, LED lights, Both safety packages. EVERYTHING.

ps. I'm guessing you are young and impulsive. Also guessing you don't actually go off-road. I say this because I've worked in the car sales business and we would fight to the death over a prospective buyer like you. All emotion. No logic.

You aren't shopping them against any other dealers are you? I didn't think so.
No not impulsive. I was really just looking to test drive with some of the options I'm looking for. I knew going into it the price was way high. If I was impulsive I would be driving it right now lol.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, that's diffferent. I think its really smart of you to drive that truck with the big wheels just to see if you want to configure yours that way.

There are real compromises with large tires if the truck is used as a daily driver.
Sponsored