First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
What is the installation process like? I couldn’t find any info on their website…
Probably the easiest install you will ever do. You could do it in 5 minutes, but allow ten....
Take a look at this video:

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Probably the easiest install you will ever do. You could do it in 5 minutes, but allow ten....
Take a look at this video:

For me the extra 5 minutes is for backing out of the JT and standing up again.........

OP
OP
Choatecav

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I'm interested in feedback on this as well.

My concern is that I use cruise control all the time. We have some hilly areas, speed limit 40, and the CC does a good job of keeping my speed in check going down hill, but when transitioning back to up hill the CC throttle application seems a little abrupt. I really don't want to make this worse. I don't think a throttle pedal controller will have any impact on how the CC applies throttle, but you never know.

Off topic ... If you're talking about that retro cool PC Javelin, try some reproduction period-correct Polyglas tires. If you run them at the correct pressure, they hook up really well.
I have seen absolutely no negatives with the application of the cruise control with my iDrive throttle controller.
My belief for the reason is that the sluggish response inherently found in Jeeps makes the activation of cruise control a problem. The C C is designed to make the vehicle attain the set speed quickly. The stock sluggish throttle forces the C C to really push hard to try and accelerate. The throttle controller will counter this by allowing the C C to record results faster, thus lessening the need to punch it so hard.

I cannot think of a single reason why this should not be installed in every single Gladdy. Even those who say that the slow response is for rock crawling, etc. have no ground to stand on as you can switch it back into stock control with one push of a button.....

OP
OP
Choatecav

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
For me the extra 5 minutes is for backing out of the JT and standing up again.........
Ha.... I had to laugh at this as it is exactly what I have to do, too.
Whoever said getting older was glamorous was full of it...............

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I have one as well, and I have been noticing that same issue. There are articles about the voltage it pulls at max throttle, that can make the entire system unresponsive, and even stall, I have had that happen as well. I took it out this weekend when it happened on the highway while merging and the entire Jeep went into Limp mode. I may put it back, but not until I am sure it isn't drawing too much. The Banks version apparently takes power from the fuse box or OBD11 connection and doesn't have this issue...
What was the diagnosis of the limp mode?

Sponsored

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
What was the diagnosis of the limp mode?
the codes were actually odd as hell, disconnected power to the throttle controller, and misfires... so it is a bit of an issue. I pulled the controller and have cleaned the fuel system, gotten an oil change and had the oil tested and have had no issues under load, off road or on highway since that happened. I also did a full reboot of the system, pulled both batteries for about 2 hours. that seemed to help as well. Although logically I know it shouldn't have.

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
the codes were actually odd as hell, disconnected power to the throttle controller, and misfires... so it is a bit of an issue. I pulled the controller and have cleaned the fuel system, gotten an oil change and had the oil tested and have had no issues under load, off road or on highway since that happened. I also did a full reboot of the system, pulled both batteries for about 2 hours. that seemed to help as well. Although logically I know it shouldn't have.
Interesting. I have the following that won't go away.

686D3FAD-17CC-4199-AC79-201D53AF182E.jpeg

Florida Mojave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2018 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave
I have seen absolutely no negatives with the application of the cruise control with my iDrive throttle controller.
My belief for the reason is that the sluggish response inherently found in Jeeps makes the activation of cruise control a problem. The C C is designed to make the vehicle attain the set speed quickly. The stock sluggish throttle forces the C C to really push hard to try and accelerate. The throttle controller will counter this by allowing the C C to record results faster, thus lessening the need to punch it so hard.

I cannot think of a single reason why this should not be installed in every single Gladdy. Even those who say that the slow response is for rock crawling, etc. have no ground to stand on as you can switch it back into stock control with one push of a button.....
Totally agree, everyone should have it. The unit works perfectly with CC, I have not experienced any issues whatsoever; if not better as you stated.
And I'm right there with you guys, apart from being a contortionist it's a very easy install. LOL!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I also used this interface because it's faster and the one that allows all functions of JSCAN and AlfaOBD to work properly. Even Jscan will point to this one as the best -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6
Sponsored