Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not trying to one-up you but you can't get max tow on the basic Sport anymore. Must not have been a hot seller or they want people to get the Sport S. The only packages available on the basic Sport now are the basic Trailer Tow, Aux Switch and Smoker's Group. https://www.jeep.com/bmo.gladiator....ERC,DEM,DME,TQK,WAA,A7,SDA,UAA,X9,PRC,23B,APA
I guess my basic sport with Max tow will be a rarity then. I guess they want people to spend that money on power windows and doorlocks.
Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Are you wanting 37"s for looks? If so, wait until you have the money to regear and maintain the life of your rig. If you're looking for an offroad advantage, save the money and roll with the 35"s. But, if you really want the 37"s, (like it's already been stated), save your money and regear to minimize your problems down the road. You'll be happy you did.
Good question, i forget as steelponycowboy pointed out, that we use these things for different reasons. The offroaders would be a reason to go 5.13's on 37's for sure! I use mine more like a daily driving family truck...plus. I want the 37's for a few reasons to give the 'plus', clearance for snow and mud. The usual hunting stuff a pick up truck guy might attempt, and getting back into good spots maybe a little further, or less likely to need help than the usual pick up trucks hitting the same country. Also, drive to more downed critters than the usual pick up trucks would attempt. Less drama. The other reasons for the 37's i like are the looks for sure, they are the right match for these long ass jeeps, 35's plenty for the JL's, i also like that the running board is likely up high enough to catch the majority of would be door dingers in the parking lots.

Tall/skinny will work best for this outdoorsy dad and for highway, 4.88's would be as far as i would go, even with the few thousand pounds i might tow, i have a 6-speed so my tow rating is like 4000. I have a little aluminum cargo trailer that was 1800 lbs empty i've converted to vanlife type thing, loaded with all the gear/bikes etc. we'd likely be 3000 lbs. I'm sure i could get by as i am, but the 4.88's it won't be a thing at all.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
For reference

Screenshot_20200421-084051.png
They all have heavy duty brakes - still find zip to prove the max tow have larger brakes

Here's a snippet from mine - an Overland -

Jeep Gladiator If only I knew then what I think I know now 1622856748743
Sponsored