Sponsored

If possible, Can Somebody post a non stock picture of the tri fold hard Tonneau cover?

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
@ralphjjr

At about 7:50 in the video you posted you can see the struts that hold the top in the full open position.
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
@ralphjjr

Sorry to keep pinging you. In the vehicle specific instructions you can see the struts in the pictures showing how to mount the frame to the bed side rails.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
@ralphjjr

Yikes! I had not looked at the Ultra Flex since I knew I really didn't need the extra features or more importantly PRICE, but it is cool to see it on an actual Gladiator! The $920 for the regular one is a hard pill to swallow but I absolutely wouldn't have a truck without it since I use it constantly for a large lockable trunk that I can hose out. Works perfect for my dive gear and I can sleep in the hotel at night without worrying about it walking away. Thanks for the find!!

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
@ralphjjr

Sorry to keep pinging you. In the vehicle specific instructions you can see the struts in the pictures showing how to mount the frame to the bed side rails.
No worries. I'm even more torn. Ugh... At some point I'll flip a coin on these.

Sponsored

b02169

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yes, it looks like it functions just like a BakFlip or Undercover Flex. So the 3 panels can stand up on the short panel at the front. The thing I don't know is if there is a provision to keep it up so almost the full bed can be used. I like the Undercover Flex better than the BakFlip because the BakFlip leans against the back of the cab. I'm not sure how well that will work going between hard, soft and no top. The Undercover Flex supports itself and doesn't rest on the cab.

BakFlip had not released theirs yet and I need to see if Undercover flex will send me the instillation instructions to see how it mounts. So far the Mopar one looks to be best as it uses mounting points in the bed rails where my current Undercover Flex uses clamps to hold the frame to the bed rails.
The hard folding tonneau cover folds all the up against the window of the cab. There is nothing to hold it up so probably shouldn’t be driven like that. I installed the Mopar hard folding cover yesterday. Not too difficult except for the brackets near the tail gate. Bolts have to be tightened with an allen wrench. I had the rugged ridge hard roll cover but it could easily be opened / broken into. Traded it in for the Mopar. It is much more secure and sits flush with the bed. Now I just have to shop the roll up cover back!

MadFoodScientist

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Did you have to drill a hole in the bed for a drain tube when you installed?

The hard folding tonneau cover folds all the up against the window of the cab. There is nothing to hold it up so probably shouldn’t be driven like that. I installed the Mopar hard folding cover yesterday. Not too difficult except for the brackets near the tail gate. Bolts have to be tightened with an allen wrench. I had the rugged ridge hard roll cover but it could easily be opened / broken into. Traded it in for the Mopar. It is much more secure and sits flush with the bed. Now I just have to shop the roll up cover back!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I have a Mopar hard trifold tonneau cover to put on my truck when it gets here. Have looked through all of the parts and the instructions. And the bottom line is that if you want to hook up the drain lines then you will have to cut (or drill) holes into the rubber plugs that are in the front wall of the bed so you can insert the drain lines into it. No other way to skin that cat.

Did you have to drill a hole in the bed for a drain tube when you installed?

Last edited:

MadFoodScientist

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Bummer. I have the factor spray bed liner-. The rubber plugs were sprayed.

I have a Mopar hard trifold tonneau cover to put on my truck when it gets here. Have looked through all of the parts and the instructions. And the bottom line is that if you want to hook up the drain lines then you will have to cut (or drill) holes into the rubber plugs that are in the front wall of the bed so you can insert the drain lines into it. No other way to skin that cat.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Either cut a hole in each or get the parts department to get you 2 new rubber plugs and replace the sprayed ones with the new rubber ones and just cut holes in the new ones. Problem fixed.

Sponsored

spoon

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler chrysler aspen jeep gadiator almost
I finally bought a Lomax, made by ACI. This cover sold by Access for $832. I bought mine from peter at tonneaucovered.com for 760. with no tax and free shipping. This cover is so easy to install I couldn't believe it. 30 minutes max and cover looks great!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I have a Mopar trifold tonneau and it also looks super easy to install. I have much of it preassembled. Once my truck gets in I think it should take about 20 minutes tops to install.

I finally bought a Lomax, made by ACI. This cover sold by Access for $832. I bought mine from peter at tonneaucovered.com for 760. with no tax and free shipping. This cover is so easy to install I couldn't believe it. 30 minutes max and cover looks great!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I stand corrected. They are in fact made of plastic as @b02169 correctly advised below. I saw a Gladiator in a parking lot earlier today. It didn’t have the sprayed in bed liner and it didn’t have a tonneau on it. So I reached over to inspect it and it is indeed made of plastic. Should be very easy to make holes in each for the drain tubes.

Either cut a hole in each or get the parts department to get you 2 new rubber plugs and replace the sprayed ones with the new rubber ones and just cut holes in the new ones. Problem fixed.
I didn’t install the drain tubes. There are plastic tabs in the bed that you can drill a hole into or just pull them out
Sponsored