Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My white gladiator will be here in a week or so. I have the quadratech white aluminum wheels in my garage. My offroad is limited to muddy cornfields and winter wheat fields for duck and goose hunting. Not gonna hit any rocks etc (this will be my daily driver and hunting rig), and trying to decide on 35's or 37's. I think 35's will get me everything I need, but 37's look much better in my opinion. The dealer is installing 2" mopar lift before I take delievery.
What are your thoughts? The only 2 tires I am looking at are BFG AT KO's and General Grabber ATX's
The dealer is also doing the fox steering stabilizer.
What say you? Advise please
Sponsored

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I’d recommend you search the archives. This questions come up as a new thread at least twice a week. However I may be able to save you some time...

I absolutely love my KO2s but they are best on the rocks and suck in the mud. With a 2 inch lift, 37s will fill the wheel wells nicely. 37s will be tolerable on your 4.10s, but assume you will endup regearing especially if you will be towing.

I have spoken.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
You will get a wide range of responses here. I had a JLUR on 37s down here in south Florida. It’s was more than livable. I never considered a regear. That love affair ended quickly about 4/5 months after its purchase. A year later, I just leases with plans to buyout a gladiator sport s, with 373. I have 37s in order. I’ll run them and see how it goes.

Not taking shots at anyone but there’s a good portion of people who aren’t familiar with gear ratios, Jeeps and how drastic of a difference it really is. The 8 speed really minimizes the difference. My advice, get 37s as you’ll regret it if you don’t, go in with the expectation of regear and if you live in a mountainous area you’ll definitely want it, if you don’t well, you’re ahead $1500-2000.

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
You will get a wide range of responses here. I had a JLUR on 37s down here in south Florida. It’s was more than livable. I never considered a regear. That love affair ended quickly about 4/5 months after its purchase. A year later, I just leases with plans to buyout a gladiator sport s, with 373. I have 37s in order. I’ll run them and see how it goes.

Not taking shots at anyone but there’s a good portion of people who aren’t familiar with gear ratios, Jeeps and how drastic of a difference it really is. The 8 speed really minimizes the difference. My advice, get 37s as you’ll regret it if you don’t, go in with the expectation of regear and if you live in a mountainous area you’ll definitely want it, if you don’t well, you’re ahead $1500-2000.
Yeah, I know. I have run anything from Swamper SX's, thornbirds, to ground hawgs, and almost every MT tire in between on various trucks throughout the years. Nice to see that Swamper brought back the ground hawgs in their Cobalt model.
Had 35's on my 2010 JKUR. Currently running 35" Grabber X3 red letters on my Ram 1500 and it is a huge difference on my old 2016 ram rebel with a 3.92 gear and 35" Cooper MTP's to this ram with a 3.55 gear with the X3's. I'll be doing some towing, so probably going to stick with 35's.
I'm in Michigan, so its logging trails and sand dunes along with hunting muddy corn / wheat fields for waterfowl hunting. So no mountains or hilly terrain. It will be a daily driver, so the 35's will probably be my best option.
Thanks for the opinion. Appreciate it.
Sponsored