Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Installed a winch today and love it!!!!

1. Used warn mid height bar , amazing perfect match to existing bumper so close ib wonder if warn powder coats jeeps bumpers. Glad I went mid not the low or high , I like the look and it doesn't block front cam as bad as you would think but protects camera and grille nicely.

2 went with rustys winch mount , after research I choose theirs as it doesn't move the bumper forward. All in can say is wow to this mount. Good fit and finish with EXCELLENT instructions . Not sure if anyone else's could even be better.

3. Choose the smittybuilt 12k X2O winch. I know its a cheaper winch and we will see if I ever change it out. I have owned a lot of their products for my yj and I have always been pleased and got exactly what I expected. That said I found this on sale for $509 dollars shipped , no way I could pass it up!!! That 500 got me 12k capacity, water proof ip68, wireless remote, synthetic line, lifetime warranty, and 5 year electric warranty! I simply could not let that deal go even if it becomes problematic ill through it on the yj. That said to run the 100 feet of line in I hooked it to my yj down a hill and it pulled it fast and continuously without issues , i really like it

20201029_184057.jpg

20201029_184107.jpg

20201029_184118.jpg

20201029_184125.jpg

20201029_184155.jpg
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Nice. I got the X20 10k winch with steel line for $350 out-the-door from 4WPs and it has been used to recover a 4Runner axle-deep in mud. I have added a Ranger 100ft synthetic line to it for about $100 on Amazon and a $30 fairlead. Looks like I could have gotten more winch for about the same price but at the time money was tight and it's all I could have swung (also bought the bumper and skid plate)

OP
OP

Markkabureck

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I believe its the second generation and only xrc had 3rd generation

DJ_Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR, 2021 JTR Diesel
Nice!

I installed mine yesterday, Warn VR EVO 12K using their mounting plate.
Being an old fart, I used my motorcycle lift to position and hold mounting plate and then winch itself so all I had to do was set it over onto plate.
I didn't install the license plate bracket that came with kit.

Jeep Gladiator Installed winch in OEM Bumper winch1
Jeep Gladiator Installed winch in OEM Bumper winch2
Jeep Gladiator Installed winch in OEM Bumper winch3
Jeep Gladiator Installed winch in OEM Bumper winch4
Jeep Gladiator Installed winch in OEM Bumper winch5
Sponsored