Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I’ve had usaa for 31 years and have been shopping insurance. Gieco so far is $600 a year cheaper for exact same coverages, would never have thought that but guess it’s my fault for not shopping around over the years..
I had USAA when I was in and shortly afterwards. I think they are set up to be better rates for younger people but the older you get I think they price themselves out of the market. I was amazed how much less it was to switch from USAA to Progressive. I guess this thread is a perfect example of your results may vary.
Sponsored

nbajunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Wyllis
I have homeowners and auto through state farm so I get a discount. Accident free too so 65-70 month for my Jeep cheaper than my Honda pilot which is 3 years older

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
South Florida
Progressive, 1k ded
$98.00/mo.
I will say, since this original post,
I turned 50,
I bought a house,
I changed from Super-Duper to Super-Duper 2
(going Diesel did decrease)

I'm down to right at $68.00/mo.
For South Florida, this is pretty damn good. :like:

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Progressive. $160/six months. ($26.66 per month.)

Reactions: JP1

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
I had USAA when I was in and shortly afterwards. I think they are set up to be better rates for younger people but the older you get I think they price themselves out of the market. I was amazed how much less it was to switch from USAA to Progressive. I guess this thread is a perfect example of your results may vary.
I've had the opposite experience with USAA. My rates occasionally go up a few dollars at renewal but when I shop around they are still the cheapest by far. $67/month for full coverage on the Gladiator. I think it helps that it's a secondary vehicle so the miles driven/year are pretty low.

Sponsored

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
I was going to put it under my business for tax purposes, However I was quoted 3k a year... My personal ins co $1k a year .. going with commercial ins washed out any tax savings to be had ...

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
I've had the opposite experience with USAA. My rates occasionally go up a few dollars at renewal but when I shop around they are still the cheapest by far. $67/month for full coverage on the Gladiator. I think it helps that it's a secondary vehicle so the miles driven/year are pretty low.
The thing to keep in mind about USAA as well is that, even if they are slightly more, they're consistenly easy to deal with. In the past I've had other insurance companies and whenever you needed them to pay out it always feel like you where the one at fault, and getting your car fixed was a nightmare.

With USAA we've had zero issues getting them to payout on any of our policies when it was needed. I'll gladly pay a few extra bucks a month for that!

PanhandleChuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Occupation
U.S. Marine Corps (Ret)
30 year USAA member, $415 for 6 months, 1K deductible, Florida panhandle. Too many variables to compare apples to apples. Muti-car and multi-policy discounts (auto, home, life, etc) policy variables, location, driving history, age, where its parked, primary or secondary, use, etc.

IAGLADI8R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Mine is $480 for 6 months, 250 deductible on collision, no deductible on comprehensive due to the abundance of rocks and deer

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have had USAA for over 20 years, may could save a few bucks but, the customer service is second to none. After Hurricane Michael I lost a 13 Wrangler, boat, damage to house and contents. USAA's adjuster looked at my wrangler which had a tree across the hard top on it but did not look that bad and said it has water damage, I can have the money in your checking account this afternoon. And gave me 2000 over Kelley blue book.

Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have had USAA for over 20 years, may could save a few bucks but, the customer service is second to none. After Hurricane Michael I lost a 13 Wrangler, boat, damage to house and contents. USAA's adjuster looked at my wrangler which had a tree across the hard top on it but did not look that bad and said it has water damage, I can have the money in your checking account this afternoon. And gave me 2000 over Kelley blue book.
I wish I had your experience with USAA. I have grown to really dislike them here lately. I dropped their auto coverage when it was way more than progressive for my family, I still have my mortgage and homeowners insurance with them, but they raise the homeowners $300-$400 a damn year, for 3 years in a row now. Only times I ever needed to use the car insurance was when my Lightning was broken into and I ended up not using it because F-150 glass was less than the deductible, and when my SVT contour alternator went out 40 miles from home and their tow coverage was “50 miles or to the nearest repair facility”. I was 2 miles from a shop, but I wanted to do the work myself, so USAA graciously offered to pay for the first 2 miles of the tow only.

RalphTuttle

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I've had USAA for 45 years! For my '21 Mojave (with $250 deductible) the 6 month premium is $272. Whenever I have had any claim in the past, they have been efficient and easy to work with. They have been the Consumer Reports #1 rated insurance company for years...

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
666$ (yeah i know) every 6 months here in fl. Full coverage stacked. With $500 deductible. I have 3 windshield claims in my history otherwise clean

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
State Farm, $64.26/mo, '21 JTR, $1k deductible on my fault, $0 on everything else.

300k cover even.

Hilariously, going from the '18 Renegade Trailhawk, to the '21 JTR, insurance cost went up $1/mo.

(Multiple discounts added, too)

~Casp
Sponsored