First Name
El Gis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
Pro Tip: Press once for ACC, set a timer for 25 minutes, and then press it again to go to on. Gets you close to an hour without running the engine. Just make sure you have a/c and everything else turned off. I use it when tailgating to stream games on a smart tv.

i was actually doing the same. Was watching the fights during a campout but had to keep pushing the acc button. However, it ended up draining the secondary battery and now i don't have the start/stop feature any longer. This is initially what triggered the question. I thought i was missing something.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
i was actually doing the same. Was watching the fights during a campout but had to keep pushing the acc button. However, it ended up draining the secondary battery and now i don't have the start/stop feature any longer. This is initially what triggered the question. I thought i was missing something.
Unless the drain caused the ESS battery to fail, the function will return after the battery gets charged up again. It could take a week or so, depending on how much the vehicle is driven.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It's a 4g modem, but I haven't done a speed test. We don't pay for unlimited on our phones because we're almost always within WiFi of something. But driving, when I'm using something like Waze that's streaming continuously for hours, having unlimited ATT is the right thing for us. $200/yr. The free trial was 1GB, not time based. I used that in a single trip from Phoenix to Kanab UT.
I got a reminder email from SiriusXM yesterday that a free WiFi trial is available. It is for up to 3 months or 1GB of data, whichever comes first.

OP
OP

TheRealElGis

First Name
El Gis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
Unless the drain caused the ESS battery to fail, the function will return after the battery gets charged up again. It could take a week or so, depending on how much the vehicle is driven.
i saw that in another message board. Its been about 12 days, i drove about 1k miles. No update yet, was hoping to see it come up soon. It really doesn't change anything, i just lost the start/stop option where the engine turns off when i'm at a red light

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Yeah no ...

Leaving acc on (weather you turn off a/c off or not) keeps a lot of the systems powered up and will drain batteries if you do it for hours ...

The wifi system in the truck is not really designed to work the way you are trying to make it work ... If it was just wifi that was powered on, you could go hours and hours on the batteries ...

If you gotta have hours of wifi while camping or wherever, get a small jackery or something like that and a dedicated wireless hotspot from your carrier ... Or just use your phone and keep it plugged in to said jackery or even charging from the truck ... Or use the acc switches (if your truck is equipped) and wire a carrier supplied hotspot to it or a usb port specifically for your phone to remain plugged into ...

The truck wifi is designed to be used while running ... Im just the messenger ...

OP
OP

TheRealElGis

First Name
El Gis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
Yeah no ...

Leaving acc on (weather you turn off a/c off or not) keeps a lot of the systems powered up and will drain batteries if you do it for hours ...

The wifi system in the truck is not really designed to work the way you are trying to make it work ... If it was just wifi that was powered on, you could go hours and hours on the batteries ...

If you gotta have hours of wifi while camping or wherever, get a small jackery or something like that and a dedicated wireless hotspot from your carrier ... Or just use your phone and keep it plugged in to said jackery or even charging from the truck ... Or use the acc switches (if your truck is equipped) and wire a carrier supplied hotspot to it or a usb port specifically for your phone to remain plugged into ...

The truck wifi is designed to be used while running ... Im just the messenger ...

yes thats another option. I have a hotspot.... however, the hot spot plans are not unlimited but the jeep wifi plan is. which i found quite amusing. I even spoke to reps at the provider and they were saying the wifi in the vehicle must be something special.
Sponsored