Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have their awning, but I do have two of their water tanks and their folding camp toilet, and I have no issues with either. Shipping was pretty quick, too if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
T-Rock

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I don't have their awning, but I do have two of their water tanks and their folding camp toilet, and I have no issues with either. Shipping was pretty quick, too if I remember correctly.
Thanks, I haven't had any experience with them & wondered how the quality was etc.
I am wavering between an OVS 270 and this one, OVS seems to be proven so I have to lean that way but this DeltaWing with walls looks like a pretty good deal.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I have the OVS one, and it is awesome. I wish I would have gotten the wall kit with it, but I'm not sure I'm going to have a need for it. Although it would be a nice place for the dogs to hang out in... 🤔

OP
OP
T-Rock

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have the OVS one, and it is awesome. I wish I would have gotten the wall kit with it, but I'm not sure I'm going to have a need for it. Although it would be a nice place for the dogs to hang out in... 🤔
I am in AZ and always chasing shade for me and the dogs! I wasn't initially planning on getting the walls because I thought of them as shelter from rain, but after seeing how others use them for shade regardless of sun movements I am reconsidering that idea. I wouldn't use them for lunch stops but while camping they sound ideal.
The cost of the walls after initial purchase is high, so I have to think hard and either buy all at once or not at all. ha.

Sponsored

Imbuere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Weight not listed on website. I called and they said 43 lbs, incase anyone is interested.

Good price for the light kit. I expected it to be hundreds.

OP
OP
T-Rock

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just get the ovs, you wont regret it. Dont forget the lights😁

Jeep Gladiator Ironman 4x4 America DeltaWing 270 Screenshot_20220224-023631_Gallery
I ordered the OVS 270 with walls today! woo hoo, looking forward to getting all setup.

Is that the OVS 47" light system? If so how do you like it & where are you connecting power?
If not, is it simply an amazon led strip?
thanks!

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Theyre led strips. you can get them off amazon. you can do it the cheap way and just stick them on but i decided to spend the extra money. They have metal channel strips with plastic housings, just cut them to fit each bar. As far as powering, if you just want to use the lights you can get a simple 10ah battery and charge it before you use them. the lights only draw about 2ah so thatll last 5hrs. I have a 200ah house battery with a dc to dc charger. Be careful when running the wires because the wires will move when you open and close the awning, you dont want them to cause a short.

OP
OP
T-Rock

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Theyre led strips. you can get them off amazon. you can do it the cheap way and just stick them on but i decided to spend the extra money. They have metal channel strips with plastic housings, just cut them to fit each bar. As far as powering, if you just want to use the lights you can get a simple 10ah battery and charge it before you use them. the lights only draw about 2ah so thatll last 5hrs. I have a 200ah house battery with a dc to dc charger. Be careful when running the wires because the wires will move when you open and close the awning, you dont want them to cause a short.
@SelfmodJT Thanks for your response!
Sponsored