Is the jt next?

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
To me the tailgate thing is just the next "cupholder war". For decades if you wanted a cupholder you had to add one of the plastic things that clipped onto the door or one of the sandbag "console" things that sat on the transmission hump to have a place to put your coffee or soda or whatever. Then the manufacturers decided to see who could add the most cupholders, more and larger that their competitors. To the point that some vehicles were made with more cupholders than there was room for passengers so just about every passenger could have two cups. Now it's tailgate mods and other vehicles seem to be fighting over who has the most charging ports. In the end it probably won't lead to much, but the days of a plain old tailgate are probably gone as gadgets and steps become more common. Some innovations are worth it though, like the electric locks on the tailgate, which I think is a nice touch both to keep thieves from selling your new tailgate on Craigslist and keep stuff in the bed more secure if you have a camper shell or hard tonneau cover.
Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I am a little surprised Jeep didn't do more in the bed with either the tailgate or storage. Something to kick it up a notch - but not over the top.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I’m really happy with the cable thing they did.

It’s simple and easy to use...KISS principle

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am a little surprised Jeep didn't do more in the bed with either the tailgate or storage. Something to kick it up a notch - but not over the top.
Don't think there's much they can do...they bed is already so small and I'm sure they knew the aftermarket would blow up.

KentuckyCatFan

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Hydro Blue Overland
My Honda Ridgeline had a gate that either swung to the left side or dropped down- was great...

but not as great as my Jeep Gladiator
Sponsored