Sponsored

Issue with 8.4 screen and Jeep Cares...or doesn't.

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Black ext. / tan leather interior

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
I'm about to just order that one and cancel my order from Quadratec. I ordered 4/8 and the Mopar one is still on backorder. The reason I didn't order a knock-off, to begin with, is that I couldn't find one with rounded corners, but that one fits the bill.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Be careful with getting a software update for the radio. If not done correctly, it will eliminate it's ability to communicate with, as someone else said, the mothership. I lost gps off road pages most off the other apps too. After trying another update it was determined that I needed a new radio. Well, someone else's radio anyway. Yes, Jeep installed a used radio scratches included. I had lots of work to do just to get the radio to work again. It was still registered with the previous owner.

I'm telling you this just so you understand that you may get a used radio if replaced under warranty. I think you are better off with cleaning it like you did and protecting it.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
Hi there Ben,

We fell upon this thread and are sorry to hear about the overall experience that you've had with your touchscreen. While we wish we could have helped you sooner, we'd be happy to look into your Uconnect software to see if there are any applicable updates that might help alleviate those concerns you're having. Let us know!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
They have software that can remove scratches?

Sponsored

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Hi there Ben,

We fell upon this thread and are sorry to hear about the overall experience that you've had with your touchscreen. While we wish we could have helped you sooner, we'd be happy to look into your Uconnect software to see if there are any applicable updates that might help alleviate those concerns you're having. Let us know!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Wow. Jeep Cares is not only worthless but completely clueless. Pathetic.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Same issue with mine. I’ve only ever cleaned it with micro cloth. This is 2 1/2 years of normal wear and tear.

F7BA7BE2-C45C-48AD-A36B-3727EF103104.jpeg
Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and further details about your screen so we can provide additional support. We're happy to have a look into this for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

rjloranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Mine as well. One month left on warranty. Dealer won’t help. Ive been pressing them at each service visit. I also keep microfiber cloth in arm rest. It is all I ever use. No cleaning products ever. This is a problem with Jeep LG screen. Has anyone had luck with dealer/Jeep Cares and Jeep Warranty?

Sponsored

hickman785

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
First I'll admit that I haven't taken very great care of my interior. I don't clean it as much as I should, but then I don't get it as dirty as most people do.
My 8.4 screen has been covered in smudges for quite some time, and I finally got around to giving the inside a good cleanse. What I found is that the buttons on the screen I've used the most seemed to be worn into the screen. At first I thought it was oil from my skin still on the screen and tried to clean it more vigorously which only made it worse and created scratches from the abrasive paper towel and water I'm guessing.
Dealer sent pics to Jeep who say that since it's scratched from an abrasive they don't want to cover it.
So I reached out to @JeepCares and after trying to explain the issue to a guy that just didn't seem to understand what I was even talking about for 10 mins was told he'd open a ticket and someone would reach out to me within 48 hrs.
48 hrs came and went without any contact so I called back to find out my case was closed with some random notes about ownership and damage that even the new agent couldn't decipher. She did reopen the case and elevated me to another department who's also trying to pass me to another department to hope for a courtesy replacement, which is supposed to contact me within another 48 hrs. I'm not very optimistic at this point.
I guess my point here with all my rambling is if you haven't yet, purchase a damn screen protector. I've owned at least a dozen vehicles with Nav touch screens including 2 JKUs and 2 Ram trucks and never had an issue with not being able to touch the damn "touch" screen.
I post pics on FB and the trolls had a field day because the pics were taken after I tried cleaning the screen making it worse. I assure you all there were only finger looking prints on the screen before I made it worse. Clean your screens carefully and put a protector on them. My 62k JTR now has a 8.4" cutting board for a display.

20211018_153529.jpg
I just spend 6 months dealing with Jeep Cares. Let me assure you, they do not give a rat's ass about you or your Jeep. They are the biggest waste of time. The only thing they were able to do with me over 6 months was simply relay info from me to dealer or dealer to me, which obviously I could have done that myself. They had plenty of talk, but absolutely no solutions to any issues. They even said all they can do is speak on my behalf, but they had no enofrcement ability at all to get things taken care of.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They have software that can remove scratches?
My question is why would one use paper towels - which are often RECYCLED paper with shards of god-only-knows-what in them when people have been advised since the very advent of flat screens and touch screens - NO PAPER TOWELS!!
Our dealers even give out free microfiber cloths and explain - NO PAPER, no scrap rags - only cloths intended for flat screen TV or other similar screens (computer screens, touch screens and so on)
We've known this since the 1990s and I still see screens scratched up and ask - how did that happen? Oh, I cleaned it, must have been the paper towels..............
Don't even use them on your glasses - they'll often scratch the poly or acrylic lenses, and even scratch away and anti-reflective coatings.

As far as the other - people are clueless as to what "jeepcares" really is, what they can do, what they can't do, etc. and jump all up and down when their horrible issues aren't resolved by JC.
They have no power - they are a liaison - little more. In my case they DID help - a LOT. They gathered information, asked for pictures, and they put me in contact with a tech who specialized in the area in question, who then gave me a phone number and told me to have my dealer call that number. The dealer balked, said no, we know and you don't have any issue........... finally another service guy walked by and said he'd heard of those people and that team and said I was right. They called, a STAR case was started, and things were fixed.
JC saved the day and got that issue resolved.
They have no authority, they have no push or pull. They "know people" - but the dealership is semi-independent and can be the real problem. Jeep and JC can only do so much if your dealer is a jerk.
There are rules all parts of Jeep/FCA/Stellantis must operate within -but the dealers are on the outer ring of that circle and have only one foot inside the Jeep structure.
And JC can't force them to do anything. A dealership can lose "status" in the Jeep world, but it's a big world and they'll still get business.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
They even said all they can do is speak on my behalf, but they had no enofrcement ability at all to get things taken care of.
This sums up Jeep Cares quite well. They really have never been a problem solver and just a mover of info between the consumer and the dealership or corporate. It is the end sources that have to take action.

I suspect most of the Jeep Cares workers are just contractors working virtually from home and have limited internal access to Stellantis corporate networks.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
My question is why would one use paper towels - which are often RECYCLED paper with shards of god-only-knows-what in them when people have been advised since the very advent of flat screens and touch screens - NO PAPER TOWELS!!
Our dealers even give out free microfiber cloths and explain - NO PAPER, no scrap rags - only cloths intended for flat screen TV or other similar screens (computer screens, touch screens and so on)
We've known this since the 1990s and I still see screens scratched up and ask - how did that happen? Oh, I cleaned it, must have been the paper towels..............
Don't even use them on your glasses - they'll often scratch the poly or acrylic lenses, and even scratch away and anti-reflective coatings.

As far as the other - people are clueless as to what "jeepcares" really is, what they can do, what they can't do, etc. and jump all up and down when their horrible issues aren't resolved by JC.
They have no power - they are a liaison - little more. In my case they DID help - a LOT. They gathered information, asked for pictures, and they put me in contact with a tech who specialized in the area in question, who then gave me a phone number and told me to have my dealer call that number. The dealer balked, said no, we know and you don't have any issue........... finally another service guy walked by and said he'd heard of those people and that team and said I was right. They called, a STAR case was started, and things were fixed.
JC saved the day and got that issue resolved.
They have no authority, they have no push or pull. They "know people" - but the dealership is semi-independent and can be the real problem. Jeep and JC can only do so much if your dealer is a jerk.
There are rules all parts of Jeep/FCA/Stellantis must operate within -but the dealers are on the outer ring of that circle and have only one foot inside the Jeep structure.
And JC can't force them to do anything. A dealership can lose "status" in the Jeep world, but it's a big world and they'll still get business.
JC gave me a scratch and dent warranty to look the other way of my Bluetooth microphone issue. I'd rather have the Bluetooth audio out issue resolved by Jeep than a scratch and dent policy. But not enough people complain about it for Jeep to even care.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
JC gave me a scratch and dent warranty to look the other way of my Bluetooth microphone issue. I'd rather have the Bluetooth audio out issue resolved by Jeep than a scratch and dent policy. But not enough people complain about it for Jeep to even care.
Are you referring to the lack of noise cancelling in the mic these use vs. what other Jeeps and other vehicles use?
I'm referring to the fact that you can't use the hands-free phone feature in these trucks if the wind is blowing or it's raining, etc.
I don't complain because frankly, I don't use it - I use my hearing aids which connect to my phone and allow me to use them. I could be standing in the middle of a hail storm or hurricane and no one would hear anything other than my voice.
One time I did use the truck's system - it was raining and the person on the other end literally said "I'll call you back later, sounds like a really bad storm there". It was just a typical Iowa thunderstorm but conversation was impossible.
Sponsored