Sponsored

Issue with tazer in trying to make daytime running lights turn on while in automatic light mode

First Name
Presley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I purchased a tazer mini off of z automotives website and am having trouble finding a setting to make my daytime running lights stay of while I'm in auto rather than having to constantly turn the knob to the on the setting. I looked through the interface and online and couldn't find any answers, and didn't know if I had to download something instead. I changed my settings from halogen to DRL LED USA, and not sure what I am missing.
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Can you be more clear on when you want the DRLs to be on or off? As I read it now, you want them to be on during the day, and off with the headlights on, which is their default function. But I don't think that's what you're trying to say.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
and that function should be in your tuner head and not on the Tazer.

OP
OP
presleybaumholtz
First Name
Presley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Can you be more clear on when you want the DRLs to be on or off? As I read it now, you want them to be on during the day, and off with the headlights on, which is their default function. But I don't think that's what you're trying to say.
I'm trying to have them on all the time when the car is in auto, so on when the actual headlights are on and off

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I'm trying to have them on all the time when the car is in auto, so on when the actual headlights are on and off
Ok. So they're already on when the headlights are off. You just need to set the DRL drop to "off" for then to stay on with the headlights.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
thanks for replying, not sure what you mean by this.
The DRL enable is in the radio under light settings. When you turn it on, DRL's are on during the day but the DRL's will dim when headlights are on(but DRL's are still on!). So you are trying to make them bright when headlights are on? Dont think that will fly as it is a federal safety requirement.
Sponsored