First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
My dealer told me this is normal.

20221203_150802.jpg
I fluid film those bracket each season change and all of the exposed bolts underneath my '20 JT Overland. No rust yet. I even take fluid film on a Q-Tip and dab it into the exposed exterior black torx bolt heads on the hood and cowl area. Keeps the water from sitting in there. Fluid film and a rag may remove a lot of that. On Amazon: https://a.co/eJaTbO4

JW Jeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Wow !! I would of never been able to let the rust corrosion get that bad. Cracked paint behind the door check on hinge pillar looks like door swung open hard at one time maybe. Like maybe wind caught the door or something. Seen a lot of that happen being in the auto body field for 30 plus years. Warranty should cover door check I would think ? We replaced seat tracks for surface rust because a lot of them were bare steel back in the day,lol !!

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Overland
I haven't had that issue, but my doors only come off during good weather. A lot of factors could lead to that but if you've never had your doors off I would not say that is normal.
I have a little starting on my ‘22 and the doors have never been off. Seems this is just another horrible Jeep paint quality issue. Picking up some Fluid Film tomorrow as someone suggested in this thread, but will also be bringing it up when I go in for the next service.
Sponsored