Sponsored

Its Official...Ford Ranger Is Back and The Scrambler's newest comp.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
I'll put up more some time today.

Cheers!
Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I think I'll stick with a Dodge RAM! I owned a Ford once and all it did was tick and drove me nuts.

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
My response to the title of this thread. Who cares, I'm a Jeep man and if I wanted a ford ranger raptor I'd be on rangerraptor.com forums.

Sometimes I wonder how many people on this site are actually paid by the competition to put threads like this up to lure potential buyers away.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
BILLY, I could not agree more with your thoughts . Sounds like you have seen the "beast" up close & personal ? What Show ?
I'm not a "truck guy," per say, I bought my Dodge 1500 (2003) for a specific purpose that no other vehicle in the Dodge Family could fill -- towing a 28 foot RV Travel Trailer, full time RVing after my Navy retirement ! Did it for 2 years (2004>2006) then traded up to a 5th wheel for another 2 years (unable to tow myself at that point) . That's all beside the point . Hmm, what IS the point ? :lipssealed: ?
It is the "right size" if you agree with the Jeep Designers analysis getting there . I believe, solely based on my own bias - being a singularity (+dog) that I don't need all that Crew Cab space, and would prefer to have a longer Bed (I'm 6 foot) to sleep in .
Saving on any sort of RTT options - just a good Canopy (say by A.R.E.) like I had on my 1500 .
Making the Cabin larger will never happen (can't make the bed any shorter !) without having to make the Frame/wheelbase Longer, and that will render the DT's purpose-built dimensions worthless for anything but "mall-crawling" ! Well, not that bad, but I think we see the point .
SHORTER for me, not by a whole lot - perhaps "Quad Cab" size Cabin and making the Bed Longer or Quad Cab and shorten the entire truck for better break-over angle ! ? Non of these things will happen via 3rd party Companies (at 1st) unless people are willing to pay BIG BUCKS -- it would be labor intensive ! Heck the AEV BRUTE ain't cheap !
Well, IF I get one of these things, as it is now, most likely I will be taking out the rear seating and having some fabricating shop come up with a secure storage solution and a nice flat surface for a dog bed on top ! My (few) fly fishing friends all have their own off road-able rigs . Time will tell . . . I may go with a JLU add a Goose Gear system and maybe an Ursa Minor popup down the road or simply just keep my Kodiak Canvas ground tent for now, and hope the bears keep on minding their own business . . .
:) :CWL: :LOL: .
Thank you for serving. You make a good point that jeep and only jeep can make a 2dr long bed, not feasible for after marketers to do it. I think they will eventually and I'll get one. Another point they are talking about this cow horse mat for the truck bed, maybe it's comfy! I'm thinking cut her in tight and drop tailgate and sleep right there on it. I also need to measure corner to corner inside cab, that's as nice as a hotel room right there with no bugs if everything folds flat with some kind of pad until I get my bench seat.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Thank you for serving. You make a good point that jeep and only jeep can make a 2dr long bed, not feasible for after marketers to do it. I think they will eventually and I'll get one. Another point they are talking about this cow horse mat for the truck bed, maybe it's comfy! I'm thinking cut her in tight and drop tailgate and sleep right there on it. I also need to measure corner to corner inside cab, that's as nice as a hotel room right there with no bugs if everything folds flat with some kind of pad until I get my bench seat.
Your Welcome . I'm confused, in that I don't follow your . . . until I get my bench seat . . . ? Could you elaborate please ?
May I suggest another (easier) bed mat for sleeping - one that I had in my Dodge 1500 - BEDRUG ! Very Good Base that is firm yet comfy and insulates ! If you haven't, you should check out the website . They now have 3 different varieties and though they don't have them, YET, for the JT, they WILL !
Heck the truck won't be available for another 4+ months, then who knows how long once order till it's delivered ! ?
Bedrug has individual sections for use as sidewalls in "Box Trucks"- think UHaul ! You can cut them to the size shape wanted - these things DON"T unravel, so no worries there ! Cow Horse Mat doesn't sound to appealing to me - but what do I know, I'm not a "horse guy" !

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'll check it out. Thanks for the pointer. I am going to get a bench seat. Because bench seat goes with pickup truck in my world. And, I'm hoping it can be designed to flatten into a large bed area inside the cab for sleeping away from bugs and in climate control...

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I'll check it out. Thanks for the pointer. I am going to get a bench seat. Because bench seat goes with pickup truck in my world. And, I'm hoping it can be designed to flatten into a large bed area inside the cab for sleeping away from bugs and in climate control...
Intrigued about this bench seat you keep talking about. You will have to post pics (although by that time I will probably be off the forum.

Not sure I even want a topper but just for giggles lets say I am interested in a topper. I’m 5’11’’ you think someone could design a topper that extends 18 inches, drops down and a piece to seal the gap between the bed and tail gate. That way I could sleep in the bed with the tail gate down and still seal out misquotes? Just thinking outside the box here. Would this option even be cheaper than a RTT? More utilitarian than an RTT?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Intrigued about this bench seat you keep talking about. You will have to post pics (although by that time I will probably be off the forum.

Not sure I even want a topper but just for giggles lets say I am interested in a topper. I’m 5’11’’ you think someone could design a topper that extends 18 inches, drops down and a piece to seal the gap between the bed and tail gate. That way I could sleep in the bed with the tail gate down and still seal out misquotes? Just thinking outside the box here. Would this option even be cheaper than a RTT? More utilitarian than an RTT?
I've always thought yes shell, now need to see and use my JT before I get one

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Did you get to go inside of it??
Yes. It's just like the JL. The rear seat is cool, how you can lift it up or fold it down. There was nothing to keep the butt cushion up while driving, so unless that gets addressed, my dogs are gonna get smacked every time I hit the brakes. Good leg room front and back. I'm 6'1" with a 36" inseam, and had room in the back seat even with the driver seat adjusted for me. And the back seat in more reclined and way more comfy than the JK. And the space behind the backrests is quite small. There is just about enough room for a couple jackets and not much else. No way a 6 pack will fit.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Yes. It's just like the JL. The rear seat is cool, how you can lift it up or fold it down. There was nothing to keep the butt cushion up while driving, so unless that gets addressed, my dogs are gonna get smacked every time I hit the brakes. Good leg room front and back. I'm 6'1" with a 36" inseam, and had room in the back seat even with the driver seat adjusted for me. And the back seat in more reclined and way more comfy than the JK. And the space behind the backrests is quite small. There is just about enough room for a couple jackets and not much else. No way a 6 pack will fit.
Wow, I didn't know people were allowed to but that's awesome. Just what I wanted to hear as well. Post more pictures if you have them!
Sponsored