Sponsored

Its Official...Ford Ranger Is Back and The Scrambler's newest comp.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Link: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...vented--new-ford-ranger-brings-built-fo.html#

jv7ybwvdjzkui79mokhb.png
flyalh82ypogkdipwyxg.png

• Built Ford Tough: Ford answers the call from truck customers looking for an affordable, rugged, and maneuverable midsize pickup that’s Built Ford Tough; torture-tested alongside Ford F-150 trucks, Ranger quality starts with a rugged high-strength steel frame backbone, proven Ford-built 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission
  • Ready for adventure with innovative technology: New features make driving easier and more fun, both on- and off-road; available FX4 Off-Road Package adds protective skid plates, upgraded tires, off-road-tuned shocks and suspension, while Terrain Management System™ and Trail Control™ help navigate challenging conditions; a suite of innovative technologies includes standard Automatic Emergency Braking to help avoid collisions
  • Strong new choice for midsize truck fans: Ranger brings American truck lovers an all-new choice; production begins late this year at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant as the U.S. industry sees continued growth in midsize pickups
Rumor is that the Raptor Ranger could be shown in Feb, but not sure if it will be available in the US
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Meh

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Lol ....

how about this:

rm019-104fn-1.jpg

New 1500 Rebel

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Competition is a good thing! If the Ranger Raptor is released here it will be a pretty potent mid-size.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol ....

how about this:

rm019-104fn-1.jpg

New 1500 Rebel
No timeline on diesel. Too bad since Ford and GM both have 1500 eco-killers nearly ready.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
No timeline on diesel. Too bad since Ford and GM both have 1500 eco-killers nearly ready.
Manley said MY2019 (aka this fall) like the JT and Diesel in the JL. He also said it would take the crown back.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manley said MY2019 (aka this fall) like the JT and Diesel in the JL. He also said it would take the crown back.
Seems like there's some development behind the curtain on the 3.0 diesel. Fingers, toes, and other things crossed for something special.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
No solid front axle, no manual transmission, no diesel, no front lockers, etc etc. Should I go on? This is just another ho-hum mid-sized pickup with absolutely nothing particularly outstanding other than it’s blue oval badge...

It’s not a convertible, it’s not a Jeep, and it’s definitely not a Gladiator...

Last edited by a moderator:

MuhThugga

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Pontiac GTO, 2008 Silverado, 1981 El Camino
After sitting in a Ranger over in England, I'm disappointed with this reveal. Without the offering of a manual transmission, I have crossed the Ranger off the list of possibilities. It annoys me because the Ranger comes with a nice manual across the pond, and the only engine choices were diesel.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
No solid front axle, no manual transmission, no diesel, no front lockers, etc etc. Should I go on? This is just another ho-hum mid-sized pickup with absolutely nothing particularly outstanding other than it’s blue oval badge...

It’s not a convertible, it’s not a Jeep, and it’s definitely not a Gladiator...
I don't think its all the interesting either. I also feel like Ford took the Global Ranger and slapped a new Grill on it and called it a day. So much for a all new Ranger. If this is any indication of how the Bronco will be it will be a big disappointment. However with that said when compared to the Colorado, or Tacoma. I would still rather have the Ecoboost motor over any of the V6 offerings the Chevy and Toyota offer if I was just looking for a basic mid-size truck. I however am not interested in a basic mid-size as I want a good Overlanding platform.

I guess we'll have to see what the Ranger Raptor will offer when its announced next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like there's some development behind the curtain on the 3.0 diesel. Fingers, toes, and other things crossed for something special.
Yea I think they were going to announce numbers like they did at LA for the JL, but then when Ford came out with their numbers and Chevy announced their new I-6 Diesel they decided to hold off till Chevy reveals their numbers and one up them with a tune.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I think they were going to announce numbers like they did at LA for the JL, but then when Ford came out with their numbers and Chevy announced their new I-6 Diesel they decided to hold off till Chevy reveals their numbers and one up them with a tune.
Let's hope

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
At least Ford will release things when they say they will. I think that FCA is the most unreliable when it comes to fulfilling their promises. I was ABSOLUTELY correct that it would be at least 6-12 months release after they first said it would come out. It'll now be probably later than that.
They are soooo putzy. They are going to lose lots of customers.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
If Ford beats them to market in the US with that Raptor Ranger and at a price point similar to the ZR2 FCA is going to be losing a LOT of customers.
Sponsored