Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Don’t see the split in the roof pretty sure it is the at habitat is what you are looking at with constellations on the top. I want to see the wood interior trim
These:
Jeep Gladiator Jeep debuts Gladiator Overlander "Farout" Concept wayouthabitat

My biggest issue with something Rubicon diesel based is the puny 1000lb payload left over.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
What is it about that rack which appeals to you? I think the ladder is cool, but otherwise, it doesn't appear to allow for carrying any gear without modifications.
I liked the sleekness of the rack and how well the RTT nestles in the roofline (yes, i realize that’s probably a modded rear roof also)...the lines of the Gladiator are emphasized with the rack. A lot of the aftermarket s are very boxy. Yes, some mods would be needed to mount more gear (though for me as is would suffice....my Needs could be met with just the bed space)...but also thought if this were to come to pass, other options would be available also.

Only one manufacturer that I am aware of has a similar concept, but its exact (or even a decent estimate) release date is unknown.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I wonder if "Earl" is an upcoming color? I like it. Maybe it's a replacement for Hydro Blue when that color is available on the Wrangler
Looks like a slight bluish tint in the photo. Anyone else think that? Or just gray?

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
After still waiting for a bedrack like the Wayout concept, I vow to never get excited about these concepts again. The crazy concepts are easy to enjoy, but these that are so close to a reality but juuuuust enough of vaporware to make it impossible to achieve hurt.
You can always have a custom rack made thats what I did. Could not be happier with my version of the wayout.

Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What is it about that rack which appeals to you? I think the ladder is cool, but otherwise, it doesn't appear to allow for carrying any gear without modifications.
But it can..
Mine carries 10 gallons of water in the actual rack and also 4-2 gallon rotopax. With an imagination the possibilities are endless:rock:.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Being a big fan of Earl Gray tea I really like this color. I hope that it doesn't just stop with the cosmetics. I want to see some more tea related accessories inside. A place to put your leaves after you steep them etc

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
You can always have a custom rack made thats what I did. Could not be happier with my version of the wayout.
Oh, your rack is one that I looked at with lots of envy. (That feels strange to type).
Early in my search I was planning on that route, worked up some sketch ideas, and took it to a few fabricators. Sadly costs got way out of hand due to local demand, and with them being pretty much stacked with jobs it was difficult to get them excited about it as a one off. Momentarily thought about attempting it myself, but then looked at the utility welds I’ve done on other things and accepted my fate.
Sponsored