First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Auto Tech Teacher
Jeep models and options question. I have a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon. Only 1,000 miles on it. I have come to the conclusion that I am never going to do any off roading or towing with it. A receiver just for a bike rack. There are other packages that are missing in my Rubicon that I would rather have in place of the Rubicon off road capability. So... I'm thinking of ordering and upgrading to a 2023 some other Gladiator model. I'm not sure what model would work for me? However, I like the Rubicon stance and high fenders of the Rubicon and whatever model I order would like the possibility of swapping out wheels and tires later on. In other words, I would upgrade to swap out the off-road capability of the Rubicon that I am not using for other options that I would really use and enjoy such as adaptive cruise, LED headlight group, Aux switch package, cold weather package, sound system, safety technology package, full-time four-wheel drive transfer case option, etc. Some of these my Rubicon already has. But later on, would possibly upgrade tire and wheels to 35's without lifting it if possible. What other models would you suggest? Sport S? High Altitude? Do any other models have the high fenders? I don't want to get into a lot of aftermarket mods if possible.
Sponsored

Socks_Mcgee

First Name
None
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
Welcome to my world.

The only thing I want.. is an MT, and creature comforts.

The Rubicon features are wasted on me.

But of course I'm forced into a Rubicon now, or a sport for the MT. Both within a few thousand of eachother.

Go look at the models on the website.. figure out exactly what you want, and need, and jump on that.

However.. like others will say in this thread;

- be wary of resale value if you plan to keep the Jeep long term

- think of what you may want to do down the road as well (eg: Rubicon may be the perfect fit!)

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
If 35s with no lift is a requirement, then it's pretty simple - you need to go Rubicon or Mojave. They are the only ones with the high fenders. Choose between those two based on your needs, doll it up with the options you want, and Bob's your uncle.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I've said this over and over again. I'd much rather have my Overland with literally every package available fully loaded, than a Rubicon with plastic fender, cloth seats, and halogens.

I can't justify 8-9k more and still have basic things just as mentioned. For me to have what I have on my Overland on a Rubicon it be around 65k. Versus my Overland at 52k (actually got it cheaper though, at 49k). That's why in so many ways the Overland is the perfect model for a lot of people. And I actually do off-roading. Nothing major but I've taken it out quite a bit and it's performed flawless (within my limits of course). For me it's not worth the price for lockers and different gears that's just me.

Doesn't have high fenders but just get a basic lift. Or don't and swap out fenders to high lined. Or do a fender chop if the fenders are that important to you.

John Lenheiser

First Name
Trainman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 dr. Willys
Occupation
Retired
I'm in the market for a Gladiator, but I myself will not be off roading my Gladiator very much and if any only unpaved roads, nothing serious like mud and rocks. I've driven the Sport, Altitude, Overland, and High Altitude all with all weather tires on them, then I drove the Willys, Mojave, Rubicon with Mud Terrain tires. After driving all these models I found them to be different in tires noise, smooth ride, and vehicle highway handling. For my choice it became the High Altitude with pretty much all options standard with just a few upgrade options, putting the List Price around $60,000. Yes, its close in price to the Rubicon and Mojave which makes it a hard choice because in the long run these two models will probably have a better resale value if keep in there stock manufactured condition. I would say my second choice would be the Overland as I couldn't really tell much difference between the High Altitude and the Overland ride and drive.

Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
If you plan on going to 35 inch tires make sure you get 4.10 gears. As far as I know 4.10 gears come with Rubicon, Mojave and Max tow.

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Sounds like a Mojave would have been a better choice for you versus the Rubicon.
Sponsored