JeepersCreepin

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Sahara
Marchione spoke at the detroit show yesterday and talked about JT:

"The Jeep Wrangler-based pickup truck does not yet have a name, despite press reports that it will carry the historic "Gladiator" name. Marchionne said the Jeep pickup will be "expensive; intentionally so" because it is designed as a lifestyle truck that is likely to generate annual sales below 100,000 units. "I'm a natural buyer for that pickup truck, by the way," Marchionne said, adding the Jeep pickup won't compete with the midsize Ford Ranger or the Chevrolet Colorado on price, and won't be in dealerships until mid-2019."

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...-be-net-cash-positive-by-june-marchionne-says
So one Canadian site also posted the Marchione interview and I found an added quote he said to be.....odd.

http://driving.ca/jeep/wrangler/auto-news/news/the-new-jeep-pickup-will-be-expensive-and-exclusive

"Marchionne called himself a “natural buyer” for the truck, and made his preferences clear. “If I had a choice between the Wrangler and the pickup truck, I’d buy the pickup truck. I just think it’s a better vehicle.”"

Who disses his own product line like that in public??

I want both a JL and a JT....why couldn't he have said that? (Because I do want both after seeing the reviews and improvements on the JL!)
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that quote in another article as well. It almost sounds like he thinks its going to be land rover truck .... which I hope they are really not looking at it like that.

ZMB KLR

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32
Last edited by a moderator: