First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Most of us don't need two oil changes a year ever. So go use them. The frequency on my JK was about ten months. So they were already giving you more than you need, for two years.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if FCA might be nice and push out the time window for these in light of the current situation. My JT is looking like it might need one oil change in the entire two years of this program.
You should change it every six months, every 10k miles, or when the change oil indicator comes on, whichever occurs first. That's why they give you four changes over two years. They don't care about miles, unless you go over 10k.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
You should change it every six months, every 10k miles, or when the change oil indicator comes on, whichever occurs first. That's why they give you four changes over two years. They don't care about miles, unless you go over 10k.
Didn't know that 6 months was part of the guidance as well my Toyota's are 10k or a year whichever is first.

My Jeep will be 6 months old and probably only at 1600 miles by the middle of this month (everything shutdown right when I removed the doors and was fully enjoying it.). Are you saying I should take it in anyways?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't know that 6 months was part of the guidance as well my Toyota's are 10k or a year whichever is first.

My Jeep will be 6 months old and probably only at 1600 miles by the middle of this month (everything shutdown right when I removed the doors and was fully enjoying it.). Are you saying I should take it in anyways?
I would take it in and have it done. There are many that do their first oil change at 500 miles to get that initial fill of oil, and any metal particles that may be in it from break-in, out of the engine.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
The manual recommends "no longer than" a year or 10k. It also recommends following the computer's feedback. AND then it also recommends a shortened "severe service" interval if you do things like go off road, stop and go traffic, idle frequently, etc etc. So basically almost everyone is driving in the severe service category and should cut the oil change interval.

It's all basically a fight with the EPA who wants you to change oil less frequently, and to use a very low oil weight for fuel efficiency, versus what makes the engine last longest.

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer

that's what I did, i'm only at 5k miles but its been 6 months since buying the truck

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
that's what I did, i'm only at 5k miles but its been 6 months since buying the truck
Thanks I might then. Still have the recall on the UConnect as well to take care of. Now the part I am dreading is finding a dealer I can trust to bring it to. Got mine from Tri-City, and I have already written off two of the Jeep dealers in my area due them being assess causing me to go the Tri-City route. Glad I did go that way, but still hate those two dealers.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
all was well, no charge

6 qts of 0W-20
I'd check your dipstick, the manual definitely says 5qt. Overfilling is not great. The oil fill has been talked about on these forums quite a bit, I'd look at some of those posts. From what I read they were putting in 6qts because of 1 of the wranglers that were 6qt where we are supposed to have 5. A lot of guys on the forums won't take their jeeps to get their oil changed at the dealers for this very reason. Also, I would change at 6 months or 10k mi. I would go probably 10 months max. Ask Jeep what would keep your Jeep in warranty.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Service departments and sales departments are often extremely different.

Ask Jeep what would keep your Jeep in warranty.
It's in the manual, 10k miles or 12 months max, whichever comes first.
Sponsored