First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
So I’ve had the JKS Quicker Disconnects on for ten months and I’m pretty disappointed. When I first got them, one was frozen and couldn’t be opened up far enough for my application. Their service team rectified that (after a few emails, then another email when they forgot to send it). Now, less than a year later, I’ve noticed considerable rust, oxidation, and paint falling off.

Considering their price, and the fact that you must make a practically irreversible alteration to your truck to install them (cutting off the tab on the axle) I expected them to last more than a year.

Full disclosure: I do live in florida and drive on the beach from time to time, but I do not ever drive through salt water and I do wash my Jeep after.

Not necessarily an indictment on them, just one guy’s experience and a heads up for others.

88E1EB6D-A614-42B1-8DD1-B8E631AF6807.jpeg

5C2597FF-E1DE-4CAC-A864-57DCC66B7517.jpeg
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Everything in your axle is rusting. FL is very humid and there's water and salt water in a lot if not all the air. Not surprised. That paint chip is probably a rock that created a crack in the paint, salty water gets behind, starts to shed the coating on top.

Jeep Gladiator JKS Quicker Disconnect Caution 1620082770394

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The QDs don’t look much worse than the metal around them. Florida is rough on cars. Mine have been on a year in North GA and appear to be wearing the same as the surrounding metal. I wouldn’t say the JKS parts are any less quality than everything else under the Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator JKS Quicker Disconnect Caution 3B3B3729-D3B5-41EE-88A3-0DF8F5BB7E04

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
That's crazy! I've been using Rubicon Express for over a year and a half and they haven't had that issue at all. I'm stationed in South Carolina but I'm from Florida and I travel home about once per month. I also travel back and forth to Texas. That's crazy for 10 months.

Edit: it is now March 2022 and I'm still using the Rubicon Express disconnects.

Last edited:

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
My 1st set of the JKS links held up well for 3 winters in the Northeast, my second set looked like garbage after one summer. There was def a change in finish quality. For my next application I will use a different product.
Sponsored