Sponsored

JL New Option -- Dual Doors Option = Full Doors + Half Doors (w/ standard or premium uppers)

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The option sheet I saw was for a 2-door JL. Two full doors cost $0. Two additional 1/2 doors adds $3,600. Doesn’t sound like a good deal to me.
The original poster of this mentioned multiple times this was for the four door.
These aren’t some cheap aluminum door skins that aftermarket company’s charge $1000 for a set of half doors. These are an Oem door, with uppers, factory painted and a set of four.
That’s a good price.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The original poster of this mentioned multiple times this was for the four door.
These aren’t some cheap aluminum door skins that aftermarket company’s charge $1000 for a set of half doors. These are an Oem door, with uppers, factory painted and a set of four.
That’s a good price.
Ok, it just got 50% better. The picture of the 2-door threw me off. I really like half doors, but doubt I will ever own another set at what they cost. I paid $500 for the last set I had...

8095F44B-44F7-4A4F-91AD-91EACEDFE038.jpeg

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
honestly if you got OEM jk half doors for $500 that’s a steal. They have been listed used for 2-3k and sell all day long because of how hard they are to find and the quail it’s of them. That’s why the prices of these for a brand new set, paint matched from the factory is not bad at all if that’s the true price.

I will pay $5000 for a set of OEM JT doors with uppers painted from parts all day long, but that’s because to me it’s worth the money. Not going to get a cheap set of doors, they don’t provide any safety.

Ok, it just got 50% better. The picture of the 2-door threw me off. I really like half doors, but doubt I will ever own another set at what they cost. I paid $500 for the last set I had...

Jeep Gladiator JL New Option -- Dual Doors Option = Full Doors + Half Doors (w/ standard or premium uppers) 8095F44B-44F7-4A4F-91AD-91EACEDFE038

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
$3600 yeah no. Roll the window down. Baja style lower doors maybe of some interest but a full door with just a soft upper?? I must be missing something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dano0726

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
During my quest for JK 2-door Half Doors (with the uppers) using only Mopar OEM parts, the total price for the outside + inside panel + mirror + weatherstripping + uppers was right at $2,000 and that was before painting and getting a matching keyed lock (I have a Sport S)...

It seems for $3,600 now you would get everything already done (which would include a matching door lock) from the factory

Sponsored

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Just the two FRONT doors with all factory parts on my 2014 JK cost approx $3500 to piece together and have color matched/blended to body in 2015. I had locks not only on those pins, but also the hinges.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
That’s a good price.
Plus interior panels for a true finished look. I’d get them; I still regret not ordering them when I bought my JKR.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yup, those that have actually had Mopar half doors or priced them out on JKs know the cost and the quality difference between some of the “half doors” from the aftermarket company’s out there and what the OEM offers. I for one will pay for the quality and OEM of a set of Mopar JT half doors.
Door skins that’s have no interior door panel, no uppers, no weather protection, no safety protection just do nothing for me.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Yup, those that have actually had Mopar half doors or priced them out on JKs know the cost and the quality difference between some of the “half doors” from the aftermarket company’s out there and what the OEM offers. I for one will pay for the quality and OEM of a set of Mopar JT half doors.
Door skins that’s have no interior door panel, no uppers, no weather protection, no safety protection just do nothing for me.
I don’t doubt the quality I just don’t understand what is gained by a half door over just rolling the window down on a full door. It’s your cash so by all means but I’ve had 6 jeeps from 76 to 2020 and have never had or felt the need for a half factory door. What do they provide beyond a full door with the window open. Serious question. Maybe I have been missing out.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I don’t doubt the quality I just don’t understand what is gained by a half door over just rolling the window down on a full door. It’s your cash so by all means but I’ve had 6 jeeps from 76 to 2020 and have never had or felt the need for a half factory door. What do they provide beyond a full door with the window open. Serious question. Maybe I have been missing out.
Just more of an open air feel with out having to remove your doors. Having the door frame removed, the “tops” of the door lower down it just give that feels of being open with out the risks of having the doors off.

main reasons for me is added safety and protection from the weather.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
In my case, we're not allowed to drive without doors here in BC. Stupid law that states if doors were available from the factory, they must be installed. Only CJs are legally allowed to run doorless as doors were an option.

FACTORY half doors would allow me to run more open air than full doors on with the windows rolled down. Plus they look cooler than no top with full doors installed.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just more of an open air feel with out having to remove your doors. Having the door frame removed, the “tops” of the door lower down it just give that feels of being open with out the risks of having the doors off.

main reasons for me is added safety and protection from the weather.
And I'm sure the seal of the half doors and uppers will be better than the options currently available via aftermarket.

Factory half doors may not be for everyone, but I've been waiting for them since the JT came out!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I wonder if they will offer this as an option for new builds of half doors only. I can't imagine even wanting the full doors. I can't imagine most people are going to want to keep that many doors around.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if they will offer this as an option for new builds of half doors only. I can't imagine even wanting the full doors. I can't imagine most people are going to want to keep that many doors around.
That would be ideal (for me).

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
That would be ideal (for me).
Yep Like I went soft top only, something like this seems kind of natral for that kind of setup. I honestly hate my OEM doors with a passion. I would have chosen soft ones if that was an option.
Sponsored