Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Sold my 2010 JKU and bought the JT
Got the Max tow package with 4:10 gears. Drives like a dream on 35's as compared to the JKU. Hardly no loss in gas mileage as of yet. About 4mpgs better on 35's as compared to the JKU with 3:73 gears. I feel like the back seat is more comfortable in the JT but about the same amount of space. You got way rear space hauling stuff as compared to the JKU. I'm not disappointed one bit. I was on the fence until o test drove mine. Made the deal as soon as we o
got back to the dealership. No regrets
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well I still have my JKUR, but I also have a JTR. The ONLY thing the JKUR is better at is offroading where breakover or departure is a concern....and some turning radius.

Beyond that the JT is better than the JK is every way imaginable. I think the JT is the best Jeep ever built, even over the JL.

Last edited:

jhunter

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland White
Went from 2018 JLU Sport S to JT Overland. No regrets at all.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Well I still have my JKUR, but I also have a JTR. The ONLY think the JKUR is better at is offroading where breakover or departure is a concern....and some turning radius.

Beyond that the JT is better than the JK is every way imaginable. I think the JT is the best Jeep ever built, even over the JL.
I agree, best of both worlds. Jeep and Truck. I test drove a few JLUs and after driving the JT, I was sold. I didn't go to the dealership to buy a JT but after I saw the one I bought and then drove it, I had to have it.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I had a JKUR and then a JKUR-Recon and appreciated the heavy duty aspects (such as the stronger front diff on the Recon, and the rock rails), but did not use the full capabilities (such as the lockers). This time I have a Sport S with max tow so I have the HD axles, etc. On the road the JT drives much nicer, less twitchy on the steering due to the longer wheelbase. The JL series has a lot of nice features shared by the JT over the older JK platform. I realize the JT won't be as good for gnarly off-road stuff, but I believe it will be enough, and the road and towing capabilities are worth it.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
I’ve had jeeps all my life and the gladiator is the first one that does 99% of what I want to do. I can haul equipment to manage my land, pack family of 5 up for camping and tow a boat. Love it
Sponsored