Sponsored

JT a sales failure & doomed to same fate as the Scrambler?

Wageslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 GC Overland, '21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
It's not about quickness, its about perceived effortlessness. If you've towed with your gladiator, you'd know. The powerband in these is just not suited for a truck. Sitting at 4k to make power, and the commensurate chugging of gas, simply is not ideal. The gladiator rides poorly, has poor mpg, and doesn't have the powertrain to make you forget that.

Now, a large powerplant would make those other items more forgivable, but as is, makes them even more glaring. Up and down this platform is plenty of room for improvement. I still like mine quite a bit, but the field of competition is crowded. For now, the one thing the gladiator has is the ease of slapping on 37s and a cheap lift. If ANY other manufacturer comes to market with that in mind, and makes a better product, I'm not blindly brand loyal-- I would consider it.
If you want perceived effortlessness, they already have a solution for that. The 3.0 Diesel covers all of the towing issues and fuel economy issues in one swipe. (And yes, if you push the 3.0 hard enough for long enough while in hot enough weather, it will derate.)

Complaining about the 3.6's towing ability without at least acknowledging that there is a better option available is a little disingenuous.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running out of places to stack it. How much you want Bill? Good price, FREE. Unable to ship. 🤣
Uh, you have a truck, don't you? I suppose you don't deliver, either, eh? Bummer.

GOT FLOYD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2021 Mojave gladiator
Pure hate on the Gladiator by some jeep owners is crazy. Better towing vehicles absolutely, but don't tell me I'm driving a dodge neon. It's All Good guys( and Girls ) just disappointing that some purists think it's Not a jeep. I have owned many vehicles over the years and have Never been as satisfied as I am with my Mojave. Oh yeah, I've never had as many compliments either!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Complaining about the 3.6's towing ability without at least acknowledging that there is a better option available is a little disingenuous.
Who's complaining? I think it tows just fine.
In fact, as well as other trucks I've owned and gets better mpg while towing.

When I compare fuel costs, it's really a wash. And in total vehicle costs - I pay less per mile to drive my JT than I would with a non-3.6

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
And you have 6 FEET of snow on the ground? That doesn't seem right...
Obviously, a lot has melted since we've had above freezing temps and rain recently. But cumulative snowfall has been over 70". And I do have 3 foot snowbanks in my backyard that I could haul down to @ShadowsPapa if he wanted them...

"...puts the season so far at 70.4 inches in the Twin Cities, making it the fourth-snowiest winter on record."
https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/live-updates/next-weather-alert-thursday-snow/

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Whereabouts in the cities are you? My father-in-law lives in the Roseville area and they only got 20".
He got cheated! That's just not right.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Yeah, nobody looks at the total snow accumulation as a gauge of "how much I have". It's about what's on the ground. If it all melts today, I'm not going to go saying we've got 70". That's like the lies at beginning of a bad date :CWL:

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Yeah, nobody looks at the total snow accumulation as a gauge of "how much I have". It's about what's on the ground. If it all melts today, I'm not going to go saying we've got 70". That's like the lies at beginning of a bad date :CWL:
well my reply was meant to have humor and you took it much too literally

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was just super confused was all. My bad.
you think you are confused now - just try to ignore that other thread.............
Sponsored