Sponsored

JT a sales failure & doomed to same fate as the Scrambler?

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
They are overstocked at AZ dealers. They wouldn’t even give me 47k for mine in a trade back to a JKU. It’s same as new, 13k miles and about 68k into it retail, still under bumper to bumper warranty.

Id say 6 months ago I might have gotten near $60K now I’d be lucky to get $52k selling it myself. The words out, these are not the most reliable vehicles out there. Stellantis is killing the jeep brand as we know it for off-roading and it’s right about there. LOL actually I’d say it is there.
Dealer overstock is more the likely culprit here over reliability concerns. Try going out of your market to trade your Gladiator. You may have more luck where there aren't many gladiators

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
I do not disagree with your assertion of quality issues but Jeep has been dealing with that for the last 15+ years with the Wrangler and now Gladiator to some degree but they continue to sell in mass regardless.

The market is just correcting for the last two years of bizzarro world vehicle pricing. A 30% drop from retail price for your two model year old vehicle is about what I would expect in normal times.

Having done it on my last two Gladiators, I know that kiting high equity into the next vehicle is over.
This is a more likely scenario. High inflation combined with high loan rates are driving people out of the market. Also, Jeep has the highest number of days inventory of all manufacturers according to the other video I posted. The used car market pricing and High Dealer markups on new cars is unsustainable.

GobiGuy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Widow
I thought Ben’s video was a little “click baity”. He usually does a nice job reviewing vehicles but every now and then he seems to go off of his own track. I assume in those cases he doesn’t have anything new to review and is desperate for content.

We, as consumers, are funny… Think about how many decades Jeep has been successful without stuffing Hemi’s into their vehicles. Now that they have done so in the Wrangler, it’s become a requirement in the minds of many folks. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with offering it as an option but the current powertrains in the JT’s are more than adequate (for someone running up to 37” tires, like myself). The 3.6 mated to the 8-speed auto actually does a nice job producing a more powerful driving experience than the specs would have you believe. I’ve had CJ’s that I’ve put Chevy 350s in (when I was a younger man, in my 20s), so I get it.

I also always have a one ton diesel truck, to tow our fifth wheel and other heavy toys with. I am also amused by the constant diesel torque war between manufacturers. It’s almost shameful to say that you bought a new diesel truck that doesn’t have at least 1000ft/lbs of torque these days. No one seems to remember older diesel trucks, with half the torque, that were able to tow the same kind of trailers just fine. We’ve been trained to want, and expect, more… All the time.

I personally bought the JT because after more than a decade of not having a Jeep and driving BMWs and Range Rovers while climbing the ladder and doing “corporate things”, I wanted to get back to the kind of simple fun I’d always had in my Jeeps of the past. The 4 door Wrangler was high on my list! To me (and my set of needs) the Gladiator is a 4 door Wrangler with a very usable bed, making it MUCH more versatile! That’s how I look at it and in doing so, I find it to be just about perfect. I often have small truck tasks that don’t require the diesel 3500. The Gladiator is perfect in allowing me to complete those regular tasks while still enjoying all the benefits and fun factor of the Wrangler.

I hope Jeep sticks with the Gladiator! It’s a great addition to the Jeep fleet and offers something that no one else really does. It doesn’t need to out sell the F150. As long as it continues to scratch an itch that no one else can, they’ll sell plenty.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
What you're missing is the same sales figures for GM, Ford, and Toyota. This really means nothing unless you see those as well. And, I've read reports about GM and Ford ceasing production of their pickup trucks for a while....it could just be a trend in the market. Everybody is gaga over battery operated vehicles, and let's face it, a pickup is not the most efficient platform for that.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
What you're missing is the same sales figures for GM, Ford, and Toyota. This really means nothing unless you see those as well. And, I've read reports about GM and Ford ceasing production of their pickup trucks for a while....it could just be a trend in the market. Everybody is gaga over battery operated vehicles, and let's face it, a pickup is not the most efficient platform for that.
On you tube, you can see Stadium parking lots full of new Ford Trucks.... waiting for chips or something....

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd also look at the new vehicle market across brands. It's probably the worst time in history to buy a new vehicle. I know from personal experience. I was looking to replace my wife's Yukon, the prices are as high as Giraffe balls.
I dunno, giraffe balls are pretty high! Noggin knockers.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

DrewsJT

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I bought my 2022 JT overland because I needed a small truck. I'm retired construction worker so I don't need a full size truck any longer. I owned 2 1500 Rams in recent years. So I went looking at midsized trucks, now I'm not a Ford fan(looks) so I looked at Chevy, Gmc ans Jeep. Now I have a 2017 jku Rubi recon that I love. So the Gmc At4 with cloth had a sticker of $54k, the Chevy wasn't on the lots near me and my Jt with leather, tow package and hardtop,spray in bedliner ect had a sticker of $54k with a $2500 rebate. For me, a no brainer, ( but I'm biased b/c of the jku) it has been a decision I haven't regretted in the least!
Sponsored