Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
There are already mounting holes in the top of the bumper so I’ll be posting my led fog lights sometime soon once I’m ready to mount the new bumper, winch, etc.
I don’t want to hijack the op’s thread so if I should start a new one for a discussion about fog light recommendations or other ideas for reusing the factory fog lights on this bumper let me know.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
There are already mounting holes in the top of the bumper so I’ll be posting my led fog lights sometime soon once I’m ready to mount the new bumper, winch, etc.
I don’t want to hijack the op’s thread so if I should start a new one for a discussion about fog light recommendations or other ideas for reusing the factory fog lights on this bumper let me know.
No worries from me, as I’ll be in the same situation once I order the bumper for my truck. I’m interested in seeing how you’ll be mounting fog lights.

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
Definitely post up what you figure out! I've had my eye on this bumper for ages - the only thing preventing me from pulling the trigger is the fog light situation.

And thanks to the others for being bad influences. ;)

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
My bumper should be here in a couple days. I'll either remount the SS3 fog lights on top of bumper or make my own front skid plate and mount behind the skid plate

BaileyW7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
So does this fit a Mojave skid? I only saw something that said it had to be modified? Curious to what modifications it would need.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Anybody know how much it weighs?

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
My bumper should be here in a couple days. I'll either remount the SS3 fog lights on top of bumper or make my own front skid plate and mount behind the skid plate
I’m doing the bumper swap on mine tomorrow morning. I’m thinking making my own skid plate and keeping the lights I have are my first plan. If not, maybe KC fog lights mounted in the holes already on top of the bumper. They are the only ones I like that are DOT compliant, and a pair of KC 6” round gravity LED’s to compliment them.

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
So does this fit a Mojave skid? I only saw something that said it had to be modified? Curious to what modifications it would need.
Halfway through the first page of this post Mojave40 put some nice pics up and it looks like it works with his no problem.

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I’m doing the bumper swap on mine tomorrow morning. I’m thinking making my own skid plate and keeping the lights I have are my first plan. If not, maybe KC fog lights mounted in the holes already on top of the bumper. They are the only ones I like that are DOT compliant, and a pair of KC 6” round gravity LED’s to compliment them.
i already have the DD SS3 lights or I'd probably get matching KC Gravity lights too.

20220103_161359.jpg

Sponsored

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
The bumper is around 62 pounds. If you add their skid plate, that adds around 30 more pounds.
In comparison, the stock plastic bumper I took off was 33 pounds, so not quite double the stock bumper weight for me but that added 33 pounds doesn’t make enough of a difference for me to worry about it.