Not open for further replies.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I know that I also brought this issue to their attention on facebook a while back saying that their site showed them as looking crooked. I think their response was that they were installed incorrectly and they'd be updating their photos. They did indeed update their pics, but I wonder if they either just photoshopped them or did some other staging of some kind to make them seem straight.

If you look at this photo front their site, it still looks crooked, look at that bottom angle bracket compared to the fiberglass edges.

Screenshot_20201126-123219.png
Sponsored

Gladiator_Val

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have spent hours trying to get them close to straight. I feel the main problem is with the top bracket. I am just really surprised that nobody else has posted this issue after a year.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I have spent hours trying to get them close to straight. I feel the main problem is with the top bracket. I am just really surprised that nobody else has posted this issue after a year.
Because it’s not an issue. Doesn’t affect function whatsoever

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I was getting ready to purchase these but stumbled on this resurrected post and I’ll pass for now. My OCD would drive me up a wall. Plus, @takeitsleazy i think the problem people are posting about here has nothing to do with function and everything to do with the appearance they are trying to give off. I speak for myself only but I suspect the problem most have is JCR is aware and is trying to pass the product off as something more, no one likes trickery. If the product is crooked, fine no one cares but put up pictures on the website that reflect that.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I was getting ready to purchase these but stumbled on this resurrected post and I’ll pass for now. My OCD would drive me up a wall. Plus, @takeitsleazy i think the problem people are posting about here has nothing to do with function and everything to do with the appearance they are trying to give off. I speak for myself only but I suspect the problem most have is JCR is aware and is trying to pass the product off as something more, no one likes trickery. If the product is crooked, fine no one cares but put up pictures on the website that reflect that.
To be fair though, JCR only changed the picture after people had a problem with it being shown crooked. So damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair though, JCR only changed the picture after people had a problem with it being shown crooked. So damned if they do, damned if they don’t.
Not really... JCR changed the picture after people said it was crooked AND said the production model wouldn’t be like that. If they said that’s the way it is I think less would complain.

Gladiator_Val

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I knew there had to be other people out there like myself. Yes, I agree it will work but don’t show it on your website looking one way and continue to manufacture it crooked. Then tell me I need to pay to send it back or even have a restocking fee. Some people would like it to work AND look as good as advertised. If they weren't going to change it they should have just left the real picture being crooked on their website.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Chris did mention it and we investigated further and noticed a design change to the drawing that never got finalized in production. It would give some more adjustability on the panel. We will let Chris know to get a hold of you on a replacement.

We aren't trying to be nefarious. It was a miscommunication between teams here a year ago on what was going to get changed.

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Oh, great. So the panels that were just shipped to me are going to install crooked like I saw in the installation video but didn't see in the product pictures?

Wish I had seen this thread earlier.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Oh, great. So the panels that were just shipped to me are going to install crooked like I saw in the installation video but didn't see in the product pictures?

Wish I had seen this thread earlier.
Just email customer service and we'll make sure you get the updated version: [email protected]
That goes for anyone reading this thread.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Chris did mention it and we investigated further and noticed a design change to the drawing that never got finalized in production. It would give some more adjustability on the panel. We will let Chris know to get a hold of you on a replacement.

We aren't trying to be nefarious. It was a miscommunication between teams here a year ago on what was going to get changed.
I'd be interested in a pair of the revised panels, but feel like most others here about the existing fit.

Is there any expectation on the implementation of the revision being available?

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Just email customer service and we'll make sure you get the updated version: [email protected]
That goes for anyone reading this thread.
Thank you! I’ll drop an email as well. It seems to be only the upper bracket is it as simple as getting two new upper mounts?

Chris
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.