Sponsored

JT sightings at consumer to shows?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Just as an FYI all full size trucks have fold up rear seats that are supported at the hinge and not the floorboard. That’s literally the last thing anyone needs to worry about.
not worried, just curious how it works. Looks like those pads add support. NEAT!
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Sorry, meant that in response to Jake’s comment, as he seems concerned.
I would assume if Jeep figured out how to get plywood in the back, they also figured out how to put butts in the rear seats without them snapping in half. =P

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Yes and we don’t want the rear seats to give way under the weight of hunting dogs guarding shotguns in the under seat “shotgun” box.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I asked this a while back, if the JT seats just float when in the down position. I mentioned the ridgeline 1st Gen anyway had a bar that flipped down for the seats to be supported. Somebody said all the truck manufacturers have floating seats now with no front support.....

Well from your pictures it looks like jeep built a support out of that "half box" divider thingy.

Can you confirm if the seats do rest on that divider, or on the lockable box in other models?
Sorry, meant that in response to Jake’s comment, as he seems concerned.
Hey lrtexasasman just FYI I really was not concerned about what holds the rear seats up. It was actually steffen707 who got me be be curious about it as well. See his original post about this that made me wonder what holds them up. Now we all know.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
One thing that concerns me is that when the seats are up, there didn't seem to be anything to hold them there. I know the truck I was looking at was pre-production, and I was being rushed to move along, but I hope there's something to hold it in place so it doesn't fall on my stuff when I hit the brakes hard. (Stuff like dogs, flowers for the wife (to shut her up about the $$ I spent) plywood scraps, guns, etc...)

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Yes and we don’t want the rear seats to give way under the weight of hunting dogs guarding shotguns in the under seat “shotgun” box.
I think we both have the exact same idea on how we want to use the backseat area of the JT. Lol
Interesting to hear the box may only hold one gun. Betting an aftermarket one will come out that will hold a couple shotguns.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I don’t plan to get the Bluetooth speaker or the 9th speaker that is mounted in the middle behind the rear seats. I listened to a Wrangler with just 8 speakers and it sounded just fine. I think that 9th speaker would be overkill. And yes I know that it is a bass speaker. Without any speakers behind the back seat I bet you would have plenty of room to put a rifle with a scope on it behind the rear seats and then put your shotgun in the Jeep under seat “shotgun/rifle” box. I would suggest putting the behind the seat gun in a fabric case so it doesn’t get scratched up.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
One thing that concerns me is that when the seats are up, there didn't seem to be anything to hold them there. I know the truck I was looking at was pre-production, and I was being rushed to move along, but I hope there's something to hold it in place so it doesn't fall on my stuff when I hit the brakes hard. (Stuff like dogs, flowers for the wife (to shut her up about the $$ I spent) plywood scraps, guns, etc...)
The leverage of the magic hinges

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Have you ever driven a 2 door Jeep and had the seats folded up? They rock back and forth the whole time. Pro tip... ratchet straps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Have you ever driven a 2 door Jeep and had the seats folded up? They rock back and forth the whole time. Pro tip... ratchet straps.
Yes I have. ;o)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we both have the exact same idea on how we want to use the backseat area of the JT. Lol
Interesting to hear the box may only hold one gun. Betting an aftermarket one will come out that will hold a couple shotguns.
A gun rack... a gun rack. Shyeah, Right! I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do... with a gun rack?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I took the back seat out of my wrangler, stored it with the tires which I did put back on at resale. Thinking same here. Unless JT backseat is nice when forward and flat - would be cool to have a nice platform back there for work stuff, computer bag, groceries. Not having seen it, stadium is an unknown. Anyway, wondering if you can yank em.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
A gun rack... a gun rack. Shyeah, Right! I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do... with a gun rack?
I mean that’s what the box was designed for… If we are honest with ourselves the number one accessory to probably go along with a jeep is probably a gun.
Sponsored