Sponsored

JT vs Honda Ridgeline

Pleease.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercedes CLK350, 2016 Lexus GX460, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-AWD
I just bought a JT, my friend bought a new Ridgeline. In my mind the two are not comparable other than they are both technically mid-size trucks. They are about as far apart as two vehicles can be and still be in the same class.

The Honda is a very nice vehicle, but it was never in the running for me because I wanted off road ability. It's going to be the best choice for 90+% of midsize truck buyers based on how they actually use their vehicles - which is as a truck-shaped car.
Yes - completely different aims, and not really comparable.

Before buying my second Ridgeline (2007 then 2019) I wanted to check out the Gladiator because it was so different/likely fun, but it was just coming out and very rare... plus the prices were much more than I wanted to pay. But I do like the Gladiator for what it is.

Most people do seem to use their trucks as truck-shaped cars. I do carry a lot of stuff in my Ridgeline though - mostly building/landscaping materials, etc., as we're usually working on something, and items going from home to the lake cabin and vice versa. My Ridgeline is very often "off pavement", but almost never "off road".
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Had a 2021 Ridgeline for almost two year as it rotated in/out as our third family vehicle before we downsized to two. I would not even begin to compare it to a Gladiator as they both swim in different pools for their targeted end user customers. I will say it iwas quite capable for about 95% of the around town truck things we needed it for. Best thing I like about it was the rear back floor was truly a flat floor with the seats folded up. Made getting our Beagle that has joint issues in and out a lot less problematic. Kind of wish the wife had chosen it to keep.

Last edited:

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I've got respect for the Ridgeline if you want a "normal" midsize truck without Jeep characteristics. It's got some well thought out features and I'm sure would hold up pretty well over time.

Most people wouldn't know whether it was unibody or not if they didn't read it somewhere.
Sponsored